Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

squints

Anybody watch this? First Season just came out and i'm on disc 1. Pretty good so far.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SiliasRuby

Saw part of one episode in the middle of the season, Its on my DVD wishlist and I need to put it on my netflix queve when I get the space.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Sleepless

Soon as I get through The Wire this is going to be my new show.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

After Season 1 got nominated - I think Cranston (sp?) in particular - they ran a marathon and I just kept watching.

I'm not sure, but I think there have been two season 2 eps so far and I just watched the second tonight.

The actor who plays Tuco (the crazy drug dealer) sells it to say the least.

The end of this episode was staged so perfectly - I'd speak of it but I don't want to ruin it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

diggler

so has anybody been watching this season? since the LOST finale killed any ability to discuss the future of that show, i think this one deserves more discussion.  i think this season has done a fantastic job of being unpredictable, along with throwing in character moments you're never prepared for.  Cranston deserves all the praise he gets but Aaron Paul has emerged as the character i'm most interested in (at least as far as his characters outcome).  i'm about to watch the most recent episode so i'll have more to say soon. any thoughts?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pas

it seems so weird this show ... is it really a must see??? It looks really fucked up (it's kinda marketed as a comedy but it looks like a drama but the premise is so ridiculous it's comedic ... I don't know what to make of it)

picolas

Quote from: Pas Rap on May 19, 2009, 12:07:12 AMis it really a must see???
absolutely. it's one of my favourite shows right now. it's gotten to the point where, if it doesn't show up RIGHT after it airs i feel frustrated and helpless. i'm totally addicted to it. see it right away. if you're not hooked by the end of the third episode i don't know what to tell you. it's hard to advertise because it flips between goofy comedy and incredibly serious, wonderful drama so deftly. like in the same minute.

season 2 spoils up to episode 10!
i just love the direction it's going in with jesse gradually becoming the 'good guy'... i'm so afraid of how this is going to end for walt.

Pozer

Quote from: Pas Rap on May 19, 2009, 12:07:12 AM
it seems so weird this show ... is it really a must see??? It looks really fucked up (it's kinda marketed as a comedy but it looks like a drama but the premise is so ridiculous it's comedic ... I don't know what to make of it)

maybe try watching it?

this is a show that just gets better and better each week. i liked the first season but coudnt quite say it held greatness till this one came along. most episodes are like the The Gold Watch segment of Pulp Fiction--full of intensity and 'the jig has gotta be up this time' moments. it sometimes reminds me of The Sopranos in terms of tone. picolas is right, it's straight up addicting. no pun on the theme. and just when you think an episode couldnt be topped, the next one comes along and does so.

Quote from: picolas on May 19, 2009, 12:46:13 AM
i just love the direction it's going...

did you watch the latest? NOW look where it's going. 

diggler

ok i just watched most recent episode and all i can say is WOW. this show completely changes the game with every episode.  this will not end well.

i remember the first season being interesting enough, but i was only passively interested in continuing to watch. i'm really happy i did because it's rapidly heading towards classic status for me. i don't know how they can keep this up though.

picolas

SPOILERS FOR PEOPLE NEW TO THE SHOW FOR THIS WEEK'S EP

okay... that episode destroyed me. i don't know how it could get any worse, but it will. we know there are two body bags. this show is a real work of tragic art.

Ghostboy

I just got the whole season on Emmy-consideration screeners. I can't wait until Saturday, when I'll have time to sit down and watch all of them back to back.

diggler

SPOILERS

so is it a gray area whether Walt killed jane or not? sure, she choked on her own vomit, but Walt shaking jesse is what turned her over on her back. if he had never gone back to the house she would still be alive. 

jane's descent into madness seemed to happen a bit too suddenly, but damn did it make me cringe when her father left and she snapped out of sympathetic daughter and into cold bitch almost instantly. she had that act down to a science.

picolas

SPOILERS
Quote from: ddiggler on May 25, 2009, 10:56:27 PM
so is it a gray area whether Walt killed jane or not? sure, she choked on her own vomit, but Walt shaking jesse is what turned her over on her back.
that's the beauty of it. he can talk himself out of guilt partially. because all he did was not stop it. and she was the junkie. and she threatened him, and gave him no reason to believe she wouldn't hold his secrets over his head forever, but he did let her die. he is totally guilty. by excusing himself as he inevitably will 'for the good of my famliy etc.', he can go frther and further down this slope. this is his second kill.

Quote from: ddiggler on May 25, 2009, 10:56:27 PM
jane's descent into madness seemed to happen a bit too suddenly, but damn did it make me cringe when her father left and she snapped out of sympathetic daughter and into cold bitch almost instantly. she had that act down to a science.
exactly. it's not like it's her first time. i totally believe it. i think she was living in a state of.. 'i'm tied down to this apartment, this support group, this dad. that's my life. i'm not getting out of it.' but i think the need to escape had been brewing in her for a while.

the more i think about it the more beautiful it is that jane's dad (who is being played so wonderfully by Q), was right there in the bar.. the fact that they know each other is going to be very very dicey in the future.

Fernando

fine i'll watch  :yabbse-rolleyes:

so, four episodes in (season 1 of course), and you guys are right, this series is really good, and while it may be a little predictable on the revenge side ((jerks mocking son in the clothe store, bmw parking space thief douche) oh, totally love that btw) I like how it goes from hilarious to the most dramatic think ever. cant wait to finish S1 and star with S2

once again, the xixax ppl get a star with this great suggestion.

Stefen

SPOILERS.

Personally, I blame Walt for Jane's death. It's his fault she choked on her own vomit. Sure, he didn't choke her himself, but he's the one who turned her on her back and he's the one who did NOTHING when she was choking. He's just as much to blame for her death as her drug habit is. I don't blame him. She could have ended him.

Walt's really turning into a certified badass lately. You can tell making money for his family is starting to take a backseat to craving power. Can't wait for the finale. I wonder who the bodybags belong to.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.