Good Night, And Good Luck.

Started by MacGuffin, August 30, 2005, 09:43:32 PM

JG

I would agree in your assessment that it is more of a  historical recording than human drama, but it still is an important movie.    I never felt like I could relate Murrow, but I don't think that was Clooney's intention.  People need to see this movie. 

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. has set George Clooney's Good Night, and Good Luck for release on 3/14 (SRP $28.98). The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras are expected to include audio commentary with writer/director Clooney and co-writer Grant Heslov, deleted scenes and the film's theatrical trailer.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Wow, saw this right after capote and what a great film to have capote joined with. The music in the film was utterly fantastic. The dry humor was pitch perfect. If munich wasn't in competition for the oscar, clooney would get it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Crash

Ugh. What a gorgeous movie. I enjoyed the soft anguish in Murrow's character, kinda unplaced and just permeant. I also really liked the relationship between Murrow and Ray Wise's character. He sorta reminded me of Little Bill from Boogie Nights. I didn't really understand why they focused on the secret marriage though. That subplot sort of seemed a little too undeveloped. All in all, it inspired me to download some Diane Reeves songs. Limewire, here I come.
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

hedwig

snaporaz

i enjoyed the movie alot. however, i feel i wasn't totally engrossed by the film as i should have been. maybe that has something to do with me feeling it was too short a film. i know it was only like 90 minutes, but it only felt like an hour when i watched it. but anyways, the cinematography and acting were great. i guess the story wasn't that..."important" to me.  :ponder:

edit: i find it funny that this film isn't in the top imdb 250 while crash is pretty damned high on the list. ok, enough crash bashing.

Crash

Quote from: snaporaz on March 06, 2006, 10:34:33 PM
i know it was only like 90 minutes, but it only felt like an hour when i watched it.

i totally agree. i was pretty surprised when the credits came up. maybe you were secretly engrossed.
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

NEON MERCURY

i am trying to catch up on shit before the awards here...and decided to check this out...its just good...nothing more...and i actually was bored near the end....i think stone should do these type of films...the good things were the look and feel and all the acting of course...i didnt see al lthe fuss about david straigth-ham..its all a one note performance.... :sleeping:...but i still think he's cool anyways...i think leland palmer has a gorgeous face for black and white photography  an di hop epeole use this guy more...i honestly was more satisfied w/crash than this.....this film stole a history of violences spot on best picture...and david stole viggo's acting nod...but my admiration for all parties involved , kept me from totally dissing it..

reality check..its only a B [B-]

Thrindle

I watched this movie with a couple of friends and realised that unless you WANT to know what is being said, and unless you're interested in politics... this movie is nothing short of boring.  I was thoroughly impressed with the blatant political message that George Clooney was sending.  Although this was a historical drama, I felt that the issues were incredibly relevent, and proof that our political leaders have no concept of history.  Furthermore, it broke the monotony of Bush bashing... which loses meaning...

Anyway, about the boredom thing... yeah, if you have no clue about what goes on in the news, and if you don't really know anything about history, you'll sleep through it.  My friends did.
Classic.

hedwig

Quote from: Thrindle on March 22, 2006, 05:39:15 PM
Anyway, about the boredom thing... yeah, if you have no clue about what goes on in the news, and if you don't really know anything about history, you'll sleep through it we can do without you.

fixed.

NEON MERCURY

I watched this movie with a couple of friends and realised that unless you WANT to know what is being said, and unless you're interested in politics... this movie is nothing short of boring.  I was thoroughly impressed with the blatant political message that George Clooney was sending.  Although this was a historical drama, I felt that the issues were incredibly relevent, and proof that our political leaders have no concept of history.  Furthermore, it broke the monotony of Bush bashing... which loses meaning...

Anyway, about the boredom thing... yeah, if you have no clue about what goes on in the news, and if you don't really know anything about history, you'll sleep through it.  My friends did.

excuse me miss thang... :nono:, i understand all of the whats, wheres, whys, whos, and hows...and all the relevances to today's poliotics...but the emotional arc was nil...these kind of films [in order to be great] need to have somethign that makes your hair raise on the back of your nexts and gives you the chills...this film is the equivalent of vanilla ice cream....sweet but no flavor....

Quote from: Hedwig on March 22, 2006, 07:36:05 PM
Anyway, about the boredom thing... yeah, if you have no clue about what goes on in the news, and if you don't really know anything about history, you'll sleep through it we can do without you.

fixed.

be nice sweety :therethere:

Thrindle

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 23, 2006, 08:44:48 PMexcuse me miss thang... :nono:
I realised after I posted that, that I'd inadvertantly insulted you... tee hee... no matter, I've been meaning to for a while anyway...  :yabbse-tongue:
Classic.

hedwig

Vanilla ice cream has a flavor. It's called vanilla.