Enemy Mine

Started by Myxo, July 31, 2005, 05:43:51 AM

Myxo

Director: Wolfgang Petersen
Starring: Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr.

I caught this on AMC tonight and really loved it. Actually, I'm very surprised that I'd never even heard of it. The film itself is real 80s Sci-Fi camp, but it's so unique and creatively wonderful that I stayed up way too late to finish it. Great great performance by Gossett! Anyone else seen it and want to comment?

(It's almost in that "films you know aren't that great but love" category for me.)

72teeth

I loved it when i was 7, but haven't seen it in 8 or so years. I remember being really touch and emotional over the whole "father-adopted son" aspect of it all. That and i remember laughing my ass off during, i think it was like a football playing scene? I can't remember right now but i'll have to give it another go.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

socketlevel

yeah i just rented it recently,  loved it too!  i hadn't seen it in a long time either.  truly a unique story.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Find Your Magali

Saw this 100 times on cable in the 80s. ... Above average. ... Wouldn't mind seeing it again. Middle section is something unique. But don't think I'd have much interest in the cliched action film that it turns into for the final act.

McfLy

Quote from: Find Your Magali on November 28, 2005, 12:46:43 AM
Middle section is something unique. But don't think I'd have much interest in the cliched action film that it turns into for the final act.

My thoughts exactly.