Revival Circuit

Started by w/o horse, October 26, 2007, 11:11:35 PM

jenkins

Quote from: eward on May 02, 2021, 12:38:30 PM
Re-opening right after I leave, of course. I can't do anything right.  :doh:

they're just trying to look nice for when they see you next

Quote from: wilberfan on May 02, 2021, 11:10:21 AM
Man, the now Fairfax Cinema certainly has some stories to tell.  The whole Cinefamily drama, prior to that a management involved murder (I've forgotten the details)--and way less dramatic--seeing silent movies there with my Pops when I was a kid.

totally. Brain Dead began as, and still is, a clothing company, previously interacting with Fairfax Cinema through this Happiness shirt

so there's the possibility that, now that Brain Dead has assumed full control of operations, there will be more movie-themed t-shirts arriving. you might even find yourself in the situation in which you're in line next to a person who's there for not the movie but the shirt

what I can presume is that it is the same building owners and management of the theater, and name, has been passed onto Brain Dead

WorldForgot

jenkins

Paris Is Burning <3 Dazed and Confused <3 it's funny for a guy like me to say, but I've never seen Cinema Paradiso. it might sell out and I might still miss it, lol. I anticipate there will be a limited capacity as at other theaters (although restrictions may change? do we yet know how the old normal will return?) it's so adorable that his own movies are not only a part of the trailer, but a major part of the trailer. it's a part of him that you have to accept in order to accept him, his huge ego, and he does happen to have close enough to a heart of a gold

Alethia

jenkins

we're missing out on you

WorldForgot

Facts^

In a way that lobby + concessions experience will be more comfortable at limited capacity.
I'm already feeling anxious about the waiting-in-line bit, though. Will feel much more at home with it once cases are complete Nil.

jenkins

just fyi an Academy charter member gets you exclusive screenings, early access, priority admission, and complimentary general admission. it lasts for a year and at $100 it's not a bad deal at all. it'll undoubtedly be the coolest new theatrical thing in la for a while after it opens

jenkins

The marquee for the new bev now says OUATIH June 1-6. Welp hopefully some day matinees too. Frankly would've preferred any other movie of his but that's the way it is

WorldForgot

SEE THE FILM / READ THE BOOK

(likewise, though, my feeling was that a better hype vehicle would have been to program a diff QT each night for the first 9 days)
I get that it's promo for the novelization + audiobook, though.

jenkins

June 29 is the book's pub date. Will the book sell early at the theater? I'd bite the temporary feeling of excitement, something special. If it opens without the book for sale then it's a movie I saw twice at the new bev already so I'll feel like I'm going backward instead of forward. A different qt every night would be nice since I've seen reservoir dogs and django unchained there too. Most of all, obviously I think, really, he should reopen with the whole bloody affair, which has played there too, but I didn't go, and that's a special theatrical opportunity

I'll have to wait and see what happens since once again this world isn't up to me

jenkins

Quote from: jenkins on May 10, 2021, 11:41:18 PM
just fyi an Academy charter member gets you exclusive screenings, early access, priority admission, and complimentary general admission. it lasts for a year and at $100 it's not a bad deal at all. it'll undoubtedly be the coolest new theatrical thing in la for a while after it opens

the academy museum opens in September. "nine decades in the making and costing at least $388 million"

I'm like dying to see their schedule

jenkins

https://twitter.com/newbeverly/status/1395533040424677378

well. seems more likely I'll get to see Cinema Paradiso this way, and that will be a cool first way to see that movie. Female Trouble is my favorite John Waters movie. I think it's lame that Paris is Burning is only one night. all the midnight options are maybes for me. I am of course major bummed that cartoons won't yet return, but the note at the bottom says they're returning in July. July will also have West Side Story in IB technicolor and I've never seen West Side Story

jenkins

Line outside new bev, don't yet know why

wilberfan

Heard they were giving away genuine 35mm sprocket holes to the first 300 nerds that showed up.

jenkins

shit I was hoping you'd crack it. I drove by it, wrapped around the building so I wonder about the limited capacity situation. I think the answer to what's happening will come our way