Kubrick Movies showing in NYC (and other places!)

Started by clerkguy23, August 28, 2005, 12:31:40 AM

Reinhold

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 16, 2006, 03:21:23 PM
ATTENTION NYC XIXAXERS!

2001 is playing at the Ziegfeld on 54th and 6th starting Friday 3/17. It's alternating with Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  Show dates are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday... no idea why no shows on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday.

Unfortunately, regarding both films, I don't know what prints (35mm or 70mm in 2001's case; original, special edition, or extra special edition in CE3K's case) they are showing.

... our tuesdays and thursdays suck.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Brazoliange

A Clockwork Orange is showing Midnight Friday+Saturday night at the Dundee theatre in Omaha, NE (near 50th and Dodge) for 5$

...if anyone else lived here haha..
Long live the New Flesh

decemberlove

The Shining will be playing at Sunshine Cinemas (Lower East Side) Friday and Saturday, October 13th & 14th at midnight.

http://www.landmarktheatres.com/Market/NewYork/NewYork_Frameset.htm (scroll down)

matt35mm

Santa Cruz, CA will also be having a midnight screening of The Shining on December 1st and 2nd.  It's a while from now but I'd forget to ever post it if the previous post didn't remind me about it.

I expect to see you all there.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Full Metal Jacket's playing tomorrow at 8 PM in Berkeley at UA Berkeley 7.

The Shining's playing next Thursday, same time, same place.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

I Don't Believe in Beatles

2001: A Space Odyssey will be playing (in a 70mm print) at the Castro on September 25 and 26.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

MacGuffin

The Shining in the Cemetery!
Source: ShockTillYouDrop

If you've got nothin' going on Halloween night, and if you live in Los Angeles, then why not spend an evening with Jack Torrance, his messed up kid with the bowl-shaped haircut and two terrifying ghostly twins (oh, lest we forget the dude in the furry suit)? Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is playing at the, get a load of this, Hollywood Forever Cemetery (6000 Santa Monica Boulevard at Gower) on October 31st!

Yes, fiends, surround yourselves with the dead as you watch this classic tale of a writer slowly losing his mind with the help of some spooks from the Overlook Hotel.

The cemetery gates open at 5:30 pm and the film unravels at 7:00 pm. A $10 donation is requested as admission price, so pony it up. For more details, visit Cinespia.org. Helpful tip: Arrive early! You may think you're the only one interested in taking in a screening on Halloween night, but you have no idea how many people I've brought this up to who are genuinely interested in forfeiting tricks and treats for this sure to be memorable night.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

decemberlove

2001 has a special lil screening at the Tribeca Film Fest on Sunday the 27th. I'll be there, dragging my boyfriend along. Tickets go on sale to general public this Saturday. AmEx cardholders can buy now.

nix

A total retrospective is taking place here in Nashvegas culminating with Fear and Desire. I can't wait to check out some of the older stuff I've never had the opportunity to see on the big screen ("The Killing" is a must) , but I'll probably end up stumbling into 2001 again, and Strangelove is always hard to resist.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Reinhold

i wouldn't bother seeing Fear and Desire unless it was free. it's basically only worth seeing so that you can say you've seen everything by Kubrick
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.