eternal sunshine de l'mind spotless..

Started by Satcho9, February 03, 2003, 10:15:53 PM

picolas

Quote from: meatwadi can't believe that many people turned out at UC Berkley to see this guy.

those pictures really really look like photoshops, though.

Sally O'Malley

and still, no one has acknowledged jon brion.
..the 'highlander' was a documentary and the events happend in real time.

meatwad

Quote from: Single-serving Friendand still, no one has acknowledged jon brion.

read the whole thread
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=366&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

CD Tracklisting..

1. Jon Brion - Theme
2. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
3. Jon Brion - Collecting Things
4. The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day
5. Jon Brion - Bookstore
6. The Polyphonic Spree - It's The Sun
7. Lata Mangeshkar - Wada Na Tod
8. Jon Brion - Showtime
9. Beck (with Jon Brion) - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime
10. Jon Brion - Sidewalk Fight
11. Don Nelson - Some Kind of Shuffle
12. Jon Brion - Howard Makes It All Go Away
13. The Willowz - Something
14. Jon Brion - Postcard
15. The Willowz - I Wonder
16. Jon Brion - Peer Pressure
17. Jon Brion - A Dream Upon Waking
18. Jon Brion - Strings That Tie To You
19. Jon Brion - Phone Call

20. Don Nelson - Nola's Bounce
21. Jon Brion - Down The Drain
22. Jon Brion - Row
23. Jon Brion - Drive In
24. Jon Brion - Main Title
25. Jon Brion - Spotless Mind
26. Jon Brion - Elephant Parade

damn i love Jon Brion

Also.. http://www.eternalsunshine.com/ the "other" official website (not www.lacunainc.com) has changed it's look and looks like it will be the place for images, and other REAL info about the movie.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

godardian

I saw this yesterday. It was really very good- I was starting to dislike it towards the halfway mark (for some pretty glaring POV issues re: Winslet's character), but then a lot of levelling sweetness (not sappiness) and understanding and intelligence floods back in in the second half to give the film perspective. In some ways it's better than Human Nature. In other ways it's not as good.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ghostboy

How was the Jon Brion score? And the Jim Carrey performance?

By the time I finally see this, I should have almost completely forgotten about what happens in the script, but not that upon reading it I thought it could be the best Charlie Kaufman movie yet; thus, my hopes are high.

stalllove

i really can not stress the fact enough that i WANT to see this movie soooo bad.

Finn

Jon Brion's doing the score? Awesome! I thought he'd only do it to PTA films.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

moonshiner

Quote from: QuoyleJon Brion's doing the score? Awesome! I thought he'd only do it to PTA films.

well he does the scores for most of the movies he can get near, Paul Thomas Anderson apparently is the only one who likes his work
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffinTV Spot with new footage here.

Good one... I so want to see this movie right away!

©brad

Quote from: moonshiner
Quote from: QuoyleJon Brion's doing the score? Awesome! I thought he'd only do it to PTA films.

well he does the scores for most of the movies he can get near, Paul Thomas Anderson apparently is the only one who likes his work

and you know this how?

moonshiner

i'm in the third row of his orchestra
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pubrick

yeah well i'm in the first row and i heard otherwise.

u third rowers are always making shit up.
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

any idea how wide of a release this is getting?

something tells me i'll have to wait for the DVD, just like Lost in Translation
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.