i'll be sharing

Started by jenkins, May 20, 2014, 01:22:41 PM

jenkins

yeah. I first appeared in a brief intro to a Horacio Castellanos Moya conversation I selected to reair during troubled pandemic days, but this will be my entry as a participant

wilberfan

Airing this week, or just prerecording for later?

[Just noticed this episode--which would seem a good tie-in to OUATIH discussions elsewhere here.]

jenkins

it'll air and be online next Thursday. I won't link it because I don't want xixax in my workplace's analytics but I have mentioned it. Since I write the show descriptions I'll say that I won't be a part of the show description either. It'll be a normal show just I'm in it

jenkins

Quote from: wilberfan on July 26, 2021, 07:46:59 PM
[Just noticed this episode--which would seem a good tie-in to OUATIH discussions elsewhere here.]

Elvis Mitchell's taping with qt was a big deal. Qt first gave the book to Elvis

wilder

Congrats jenk, will certainly listen.

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on July 26, 2021, 07:50:47 PM
it'll air and be online next Thursday. I won't link it because I don't want xixax in my workplace's analytics but I have mentioned it. Since I write the show descriptions I'll say that I won't be a part of the show description either. It'll be a normal show just I'm in it

I've grabbed the pod link.  Is it OK if one of us links to the ep?

jenkins

thanks wilder

oh I don't think this place would surge their analytics if a link came around, that's sweet if you want to

of course, god embarrassing if it didn't happen now. But it's lined up to happen

WorldForgot

That's so cool, jenkins, about the radio show and the proof, both! I'll be tuning in ~

jenkins

thanks. the show should go well because she's wickedly talented, hella talented, easy to compliment. here's an article titled Reading Rikki Ducornet that Brian Evenson wrote, and it says this and that but to simplify it he's saying that because she's so underappreciated something must be wrong with our time period. he blames American minimalism and dirty realism. it's funny because she emailed me to say she heard about me and she asked what I write about, so I told her about my literary universe and then she stopped responding lol. I'm going to have a hard time with the fiction people because nonfiction has been the enemy of fiction since at least the 90s. her previous book is about a feral child and just like with any type of relationship timing is a big factor, and coming across her at the time of Trafik was great timing. the land of sci-fi suits her well since she has such tremendous capabilities as a creative writer

jenkins

I understand why he doesn't write down what he'll say. really what I'm picturing is expressing my honest appreciation and I have to go off-script to sound most real because I'm not an actor so in other words if I was reading it I'd sound like an actor. all these things you have to think about. experiencing from the inside confirms mainly what I hear about. she's of course so talented that her talents have been wonderfully described, and I hope to hang on to the essentials during the taping. "singularly inventive," "a buoyant voyage through outer space and inner longing, transposing human experiences of passion, loss, and identity into a post-Earth universe. " that's from the publisher, and usually a publisher blows it. but she's so good you really want to make sure you express that. I remember with Castellanos Moya when I actually started speaking out loud I sounded different than I thought I would. but i was reading that time too. I'm not worried and I'm not sure how it'll turn out

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on July 26, 2021, 07:13:06 PM
this week I'll join in as a commentator on the book show I work for. I'll be a part of the conversation. the guest is Rikki Ducornet and I was asked if I wanted to. I couldn't turn that down.

Did this episode air last Thursday (the 29th)?  I don't see it listed on the website yet...

WorldForgot

It'll air/be online on the 5th ~

Axolotl

Wow. Started listening to the ducornet ep because I like her and immediately ran here. Silverblatt introducing jenks as a recurring cohost from now on, jenkins unconsciously drawing from silverblatt's speaking style, talking really perceptively with a great author, amazing. Have been a fan of Michael for a decade, one of the greatest readers of the past quarter of a century. Congrats!

wilberfan

Quote from: Axolotl on August 05, 2021, 03:44:52 AM
Silverblatt introducing jenks as a recurring cohost from now on, jenkins unconsciously drawing from silverblatt's speaking style, talking really perceptively with a great author, amazing.  Congrats!

:bravo:

jenkins

i've been at xixax for a number of years in a few forms, and some of you are such basically real friends of mine that you've been in my books in a few forms too. in fact one unpublished book quoted an entire shoutbox conversation. that conversation wasn't the best part of the book (the abrupt realism didn't mesh my lyrical consciousness) but like all parts of all my books i support it. but so anyway xixax has occupied a portion of my life and it's hard to let go of parts of your life, but it's become apparent to me that i need to let go of xixax. we've sadly gone out of sync and this time, through pms, it's become apparent to me how out of sync we are. i've, actually many times, left and returned, but it's now clear to me that this isn't a place i can return to. listen, i'm me, of course there's a goodbye letter, of course i mean it, the emotional parts, the appreciative specifics especially. for my own sake i absolutely must walk away and not return, from the board, not from you, and although posting this is potentially more embarrassing than pm'ing, it's also less vulnerable, and what i'm getting at is i'll be just an email away if we're not already connected in some form, trashculturemutantjunkie@yahoo.com. that's funny it's yahoo. anyway some of you already speak with me outside of here and just if you don't that's where i'll be

warm wishes to all of you, here and in your full life too