World Trade Center

Started by Gold Trumpet, November 02, 2005, 08:05:48 PM

private witt

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on November 15, 2005, 02:58:36 AM
The forgotten fact about JFK is that it is a drama.

And a damn good one at that.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Gamblour.

Too bad it's made up. Will Ollie have G Dub on the grassy knoll this time? We'll see.
WWPTAD?

JG

one of the best movies of the nineties.  stone has really gone to crap in the last few years but he has made some of the most incredible movies of the past few decades.   Mainly JFK and Platoon, and I really like Born on the Fourth of July.   

It's sad that he won't be remembered as a great filmmaker. 

hedwig

Quote from: JimmyGator on November 20, 2005, 10:51:41 AM
he won't be remembered as a great filmmaker. 

how do you know, miss cleo?

Gold Trumpet

one of the best movies of the nineties.  stone has really gone to crap in the last few years but he has made some of the most incredible movies of the past few decades.   Mainly JFK and Platoon, and I really like Born on the Fourth of July.   

Greatness is in the eye of the beholder. I'll always think him as a great filmmaker.

private witt

I always hear people talk about how inaccurate this film is to the actual history of Jim Garrison and the case he brought to trial.  Yet I have never once heard any EXAMPLES of said inaccuracies.  I honestly would like to be enlightened.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

private witt

Quote from: Gamblour on November 20, 2005, 10:01:29 AM
Too bad it's made up. Will Ollie have G Dub on the grassy knoll this time? We'll see.

Guess nobody here knows their history better than Old Ollie Stone(r).

Pubrick

Guess nobody here knows who you are.
under the paving stones.

jigzaw

Hate to say it, but I wish I could judge Stone's movies in a fair manner, but I can't.  No matter how brilliant something he does might be, it will be lost on me because of his comraderie with Fidel Castro.  My family came from Cuba and the stories of torture, firing squads, my grandfather hiding for his life in the woods, etc just make it impossible for me to give any benefit of the doubt to a guy who has taken pictures with his arms around this murderer.  Imagine some American filmmaker in the 30's/40's going to Germany and buddying it up with Hitler.  Same god damn thing.     

hedwig

Quote from: jigzaw on December 04, 2005, 12:38:52 PM
Hate to say it, but I wish I could judge Stone's movies in a fair manner, but I can't. No matter how brilliant something he does might be, it will be lost on me because of his comraderie with Fidel Castro. My family came from Cuba and the stories of torture, firing squads, my grandfather hiding for his life in the woods, etc just make it impossible for me to give any benefit of the doubt to a guy who has taken pictures with his arms around this murderer. Imagine some American filmmaker in the 30's/40's going to Germany and buddying it up with Hitler. Same god damn thing.
have you even seen the films he made about castro?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

Cage looks good there... real fireman... and he lost a lot of weight too aparently

Gamblour.

It looks good, but do all firemen have mustaches?
WWPTAD?

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

jigzaw

Quote from: Hedwig on December 04, 2005, 02:21:03 PM
Quote from: jigzaw on December 04, 2005, 12:38:52 PM
Hate to say it, but I wish I could judge Stone's movies in a fair manner, but I can't. No matter how brilliant something he does might be, it will be lost on me because of his comraderie with Fidel Castro. My family came from Cuba and the stories of torture, firing squads, my grandfather hiding for his life in the woods, etc just make it impossible for me to give any benefit of the doubt to a guy who has taken pictures with his arms around this murderer. Imagine some American filmmaker in the 30's/40's going to Germany and buddying it up with Hitler. Same god damn thing.
have you even seen the films he made about castro?

yes