The Knick (Soderbergh on Cinemax)

Started by Mel, May 09, 2014, 04:57:36 AM

pynchonikon

SaunchSmilax

Yes!!!!! Barry is perfect for this! Sodey better shoot it though!
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

jenkins

not bc of you guys but bc of principle it's a waste of barry's time and fingers crossed he helped the concept and will move on. there's just so much he can do under his own name and for his own sake

Drenk

Quote from: jenkins on September 24, 2020, 06:48:09 PM
not bc of you guys but bc of principle it's a waste of barry's time and fingers crossed he helped the concept and will move on. there's just so much he can do under his own name and for his own sake

Still way better than this.

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1310972786400202754?s=21

Ascension.

WorldForgot

Sincere question - do you feel the same about Lowery's involvement with Disney?

jenkins

it's funny because literally everything else is a better idea than The Knick, sorry guys

QuoteThis is Jenkins' second film project at Disney, as he is also planning to direct a biopic of famed choreographer Alvin Ailey for Searchlight. Jenkins has completed for Amazon a limited series adaptation of Colson Whitehead's National Book Award- and Pulitzer-winning The Underground Railroad, directing all the episodes and writing several of them. Jenkins has separately scripted a drama based on the first American female Olympic boxing champ, Clarissa "T-Rex" Shields, and an adaptation of Netflix documentary Virunga, about the battle to save the Congo's mountain gorilla population.

Drenk

To WF:

Not at all. I love Pete's Dragon which managed to be a Lowery film, and Peter Pan has always had interesting versions which is why I believe that he can repeat his own little deal.

I probably would be a little bit curious about Jenkins doing a Disney if it weren't a CGI sequel of one of the ugliest movies of the century, one that made a billion dollars.
Ascension.

jenkins

um i just thought the first one was the least interesting of the live action remakes and since this is a fresh angle i'm curious

definitely everything is okay and it's quite obviously more beneficial to his career to take on the king

Alethia

I mean I for one am goddamn excited about this Knick news but whatevs...this is it, this is all that we are

jenkins

you're for four excited about The Knick and the current underdog is the lion

it's cool for you guys to be excited it's exciting to be excited about shows i just get excited about other things