Did PTA Rewrite Killers Of The Flower Moon?

Started by jviness02, January 23, 2024, 10:37:02 AM

jviness02

Anyone here know anything about the rumor PTA did extensive re-writes on this one? I heard this around the time the film was released and didn't think much of it, but today these same rumors have hit Twitter as the reason why the film was not nominated for screenplay, so now I'm wondering if what I heard a few months ago was actually true.

Rooty Poots

This is the first I'm hearing of that.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Alexandro

Quote from: jviness02 on January 23, 2024, 10:37:02 AMAnyone here know anything about the rumor PTA did extensive re-writes on this one? I heard this around the time the film was released and didn't think much of it, but today these same rumors have hit Twitter as the reason why the film was not nominated for screenplay, so now I'm wondering if what I heard a few months ago was actually true.

read about it yesterday and it does make a lot of sense. a lot of the flavor is much closer to PTA than Eric Roth.

Lots of Bees

I think it seems likely that PTA did a pass of the screenplay, changed some dialogue here and there etc, but didn't do enough to get or want credit. The guy on twitter who started this rumor said it was just something he had heard at a bar, and Roth's son strongly denied it. I also think it would be out of character for Scorsese to do so many interviews about the writing process and never mention PTA's name if he did in fact play a major role. Seems like a rumor that has been blown out of proportion to me. (although I still want to rewatch Killers in search of moments that might be thanks to PTA - eg. the spanking scene?)