The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

DocSportello

Quote from: modage on July 23, 2012, 03:30:23 PM
This is page 82, btw.

Sorry dude. It's just he's The Master, and it's his birthday. It's The Master thread and I errr, ummm....whatever. I'll fuck off, btw.

polkablues

Mod's post wasn't in reference to nor an admonishment of yours.  He was just pointing out the PTA-relevant milestone of the thread being on its 82nd page.  This is a perfectly reasonable place to post about PSH's birthday.
My house, my rules, my coffee

DocSportello

...and I now see that was perfectly clear all along.  :doh:  :oops:

thanks polka

polkablues

That's cool, I'm putting out fires left and right today.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Just Withnail

The sheer ridiculousness of this that page is worth it being 82, but it really lacks some of the gravitas and sublimity of a good frog rain.

EDIT: Goddammit.

idk

modage

"The Master" not playing TIFF.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master Sets Awards-Season Release Date

At long last, Paul Thomas Anderson's psuedo-Scientology drama has a release date! As breathlessly reported by Variety's Jeff Sneider via Twitter: "Ladies and gentlemen, The Master primed for limited release on Sept. 14, will expand the following weekend!" The Weinstein Co. will release in prime awards season, rolling the Philip Seymour Hoffman-starrer to wide release on September 21. The bad news for Austin, Texas film geeks: The timing seems to contradict speculation that Anderson's hotly anticipated pic would debut at Fantastic Fest, which runs September 20-27. [Variety]
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 27, 2012, 03:07:37 PM
Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master Sets Awards-Season Release Date

At long last, Paul Thomas Anderson's psuedo-Scientology drama has a release date! As breathlessly reported by Variety's Jeff Sneider via Twitter: "Ladies and gentlemen, The Master primed for limited release on Sept. 14, will expand the following weekend!" The Weinstein Co. will release in prime awards season, rolling the Philip Seymour Hoffman-starrer to wide release on September 21. The bad news for Austin, Texas film geeks: The timing seems to contradict speculation that Anderson's hotly anticipated pic would debut at Fantastic Fest, which runs September 20-27. [Variety]

Shit, I thought official release date was October 12.... So, it's getting here sooner? FUCK YEAH. Only 2 more months to go...
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Jeremy Blackman

Nice! The other release date was announced by Megan Ellison, so I'm guessing that was the "safe" date, and the Weinsteins were able to get it out sooner.

It's so strange to have this level of affection for the Weinsteins, but there it is.

InTylerWeTrust

Xixax, Now you guys need to Update that countdown thingy...

Seeing "2 Months, 15 days, 22 hours remaining..." is seriously triggering my OCD.

Jeremy Blackman

Updated. I used 9/21.

InTylerWeTrust

B.C. Long

Does anyone know whether there will be an early showing at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco like there was for TWBB?