new director's label

Started by sickfins, May 20, 2005, 11:28:30 PM

sickfins

i love it

www.directorslabel.com

i am something there is no floria sigismondi release. these are interesting.

GoneSavage

Certainly good choices.

My obligatory "can't believe they left out..." goes to Dayton/Faris.  In my estimation, the work they did in the 90s is second only to Spike Jonze as far as memorable/recognizable.  I'm not saying that makes for a better DVD release, only bringing up a semi-obvious choice.  Maybe Hype Williams as well.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Whatever happened to Fincher's?

For the next set I'm saying Hammer and Tongs and/or Shynola.

Little X, even.  That man is revolutionizing rap videos.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Rudie Obias

i can't fuckin' wait....

Quote from: GoneSavageCertainly good choices.

My obligatory "can't believe they left out..." goes to Dayton/Faris.  In my estimation, the work they did in the 90s is second only to Spike Jonze as far as memorable/recognizable.  I'm not saying that makes for a better DVD release, only bringing up a semi-obvious choice.  Maybe Hype Williams as well.

hype williams  i have this too!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pubrick

with fiona apple commentary.
under the paving stones.

Myxo

I'm all over this.. and under it!

GoneSavage

Ah, rudie.  Thanks for the correction.  I had no idea.  Cool.

MacGuffin

Quote from: flagpolespecialany idea on dates for these? or any other kind of info?

Fourth post down:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4301&start=75
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Ahh Romanek. It's weird to think, music videos were my first real introduction to artistic expression. Thank god there were these people. Mark Romanek was my favorite, I loved Closer, Scream, that Eels video, Perfect Drug, Devil's Haircut, those are off the top of my head. I loved them. His of use of color was so beautiful. (unfortunately I rewatched One Hour Photo recently and kinda hated it). I agree, we need a Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Ferris collection, if only for their Smashing Pumpkins stuff. Those are hallmarks of my childhood.
WWPTAD?

w/o horse

I'm not familiar with the first peron, Anton Corbijn.

http://www.mvdbase.com/tech.php?last=Corbijn&first=Anton

I don't think I've seen a single one of those videos, so I have entirely no frame of reference.

Should I be as excited about this release as all the other ones?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Myxo

Quote from: Losing the Horse:I'm not familiar with the first peron, Anton Corbijn.

http://www.mvdbase.com/tech.php?last=Corbijn&first=Anton

I don't think I've seen a single one of those videos, so I have entirely no frame of reference.

Should I be as excited about this release as all the other ones?

He's been attached to Depeche Mode work for quite a while. I for one am excited for that disc.

cowboykurtis

im sure you've seen nirvana's heart shaped box
...your excuses are your own...

72teeth

Even though he's only done the Bjork (great) and Tenacious D (pretty funny) videos, but would anyone else like to see a John Krisfaluci/Spumco DVD?
I know they've done some great commercials and shorts and there are some very worthy Ren and Stimpy episodes as well. Space Madness anyone?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

sickfins