PTA Personal Life

Started by wilberfan, February 07, 2018, 10:35:06 PM

wilberfan

Paul Thomas Anderson and Maya Rudolph Are the Greatest Celebrity Couple

https://www.thecut.com/2018/02/pta-and-maya-rudolph-are-our-greatest-celebrity-couple.html

QuoteAt first look, these two would appear to be from different worlds. Maya Rudolph is a comedy icon of the highest order: an SNL multi-hyphenate and comic genius with the soul of a 1950s variety star and a head that can pull off any wig. PTA is a controlling cinematic visionary who inspires more film-boy worship than Christopher Nolan and the Coen Brothers combined. Both are revered, yet for very different bodies of work. He comes across as intense and cerebral, she as goofy and warm.

polkablues

And yet they don't even have a celebrity couple nickname.

My suggestion? Paya T. Rudolson.
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilberfan

Just because it's nice seeing Maya back on the scene.   (Some decent FX for TV, too...)

https://youtu.be/t-wvXZiw16Q

wilberfan

WATCH Ghoulardi (Ernie Anderson) Shows Off Baby (Paul Thomas Anderson)
How He Invented Cleveland Punk, The Cramps, et. al.
"Stay sick, knif"
PLUS Mad Daddy
Cleveland WHK

"The punk-a-billy band The Cramps, named their 1990 album Stay Sick! 
David Thomas, of art rock band Pere Ubu, said that the Cramps were "so thoroughly co-optive of the Ghoulardi persona that when they first appeared, Clevelanders of the generation were fairly dismissive."

Thomas credits Ghoulardi for influencing the "otherness" of the Cleveland/Akron bands of the mid-1970s and early-1980s, including the Electric Eels, and The Mirrors, the Cramps, and Thomas's own groups, Pere Ubu and Rocket From The Tombs, declaring:

"We were the Ghoulardi kids." (Akron's Devo aren't included on Thomas' list, but they were formed in the same era as the other groups and shared a similar esthetic.)

In 2002, Cleveland-area indie band Uptown Sinclair featured a Ghoulardi-derived basketball referee in the slapstick music video for their song "Girlfriend."

The most obvious Ghoulardi kid, Anderson's son, film director Paul Thomas Anderson, named his production entity "The Ghoulardi Film Company."

[If this segment was produced in '78, the infant seen beginning at 3:54 would not be Baby Paul.  Possibly one of the kids around the pool table at 5:45, though?]

Source

Fernando

Quote from: polkablues on February 07, 2018, 10:57:16 PM
And yet they don't even have a celebrity couple nickname.

My suggestion? Paya T. Rudolson.

PT May or Mayanderson

Nails9

Maul.

Then Darth Maul once you get familiar.

WKBB*I/S*NotTP*SSotCB*OS & r.i.p.b.m.

wilberfan

The Reason Maya Rudolph Calls Paul Thomas Anderson Her Husband Even Though They Aren't Married

QuoteBut when doing a 2018 profile with The New York Times, Maya confirmed that she and Paul had been together for 17 years. On top of that, she revealed that despite the fact that they are not legally married, she calls him her husband. Labeling Paul as her husband rather than boyfriend started one day when she was at a restaurant and talking with a maƮtre d,' who told a story about a man who labeled himself as "the unofficial mayor of the Valley." In reply, Maya blurted out, "I hope it wasn't my husband."

From then on, the label stuck. She told the outlet that she felt "ooky" to call Paul her boyfriend after the birth of their now 14-year-old daughter, Pearl (they are also parents to Minnie, 6, Jack, 8, and Lucille, 10). Maya likes to use the title husband because "people know what that means. It means he's the father of my child, and I live with him, and we are a couple, and we are not going anywhere."

I thought I'd heard from a semi-inside source that they'd actually had an extremely quiet legal ceremony in the past couple of years. [shrug]

Source

Pringle

Would this also be the appropriate place for any Fiona-related stuff?

There's a song on her new album that may be about him, and.... oh boy.

Drill

No, at this point, take that crap to her thread.

Your faux concern posts are starting to read like vague trolling to me, BTW.

Pringle

I forgot how much any mention of this upsets you, Drill.

Drenk

Quote from: Pringle on April 22, 2020, 09:11:35 PM

I had this feeling too but it doesn't seem to be the case:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters-songs.html

Ascension.

Drill

Quote from: Pringle on April 22, 2020, 10:20:34 PM
I forgot how much any mention of this upsets you, Drill.

Uh...no? I said from the beginning that I never liked or got the fascination about their relationship. She said her piece. They obviously don't want anything to do with each other and she has nothing to do with his life or career now. I don't see the point in talking about her on his threads anymore. It's boring. If you're a fan of hers, she has her own thread on the music section where you can discuss her all you want.

Robyn

Which song are you guys talking about?

Alma

Quote from: Drenk on April 22, 2020, 10:26:31 PM
Quote from: Pringle on April 22, 2020, 09:11:35 PM

I had this feeling too but it doesn't seem to be the case:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters-songs.html

The first couple of lines sound like they could be Phantom Thread references though.

Drenk

Ascension.