ATTN: younger boardmembers

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 28, 2003, 12:28:15 AM

NEON MERCURY

Man...I would like to send my deepest  apologies for the pathetic era of music you have been welcomed to..I call this the era  mixed w/ (c)rap-metal  and add a dose of pop-punk. with a pinch of corporate fake nu-alternative rock       .Examples you ask....welll..in rap-metal we have
1/limp bizcut
2/linkin park
 just to start.........then as for the pop-punk...we have...

3/blink 182
4/eve 6
5/good charlotte
and for the fake sell-out "nu-alternative rock"...you get the pleasure of living in an era of time listening to these bands in their prime

6/Godsmack
7/A Simple Plan
8/Korn
..so what i suggest is to talk to older members about what music you should listen to. For me.. the laast greatera of music was the grunge era..an after suffering through the garbage today i long for ithat era even more...But fear not young'ns b/c their is hope in th form of the white stripes  (off th etop of my head that is all i can name for now that is of quality and relatively current the new era of music)...and there are other signs of hope for you ..i.e. Janes's Addiction put out a new album(
BUY that Sucker Now...at first it will sound wierd toyou b/c you are not use to hearing good music ...but your mind will soon be able to adapt to it...trust me there are also some great threads on Pearl Jam, radiohead, TooL. et al ...i feel that you have suffered enough and you owe to yourself(and your ears) to seek out talented and quality music NOW!...if i can relate this in your era of filmaking think of the first Matrix...yeah the one w/K. Reeves..remember Morpheous offers the blue or the red pill then shows him the true world and how what neo though was real actually was not real... you have been shielded from the reality of quality music now take this post as the metaphoric "pill" neo took and see how far the rabbit hole goes........................................................................NOW!(end of cheesy analogy)...................  and you can thank me later ..

Pubrick

every generation has shit music.

and just about everyone u listed aren't popular anymore.

i think this backfired and showed how out of touch u are..
under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: NEON MERCURYMan...I would like to send my deepest  apologies for the pathetic era of music you have been welcomed to..I call this the era  mixed w/ (c)rap-metal  and add a dose of pop-punk. with a pinch of corporate fake nu-alternative rock       .Examples you ask....welll..in rap-metal we have
1/limp bizcut
2/linkin park

3/blink 182
4/eve 6
5/good charlotte
and for the fake sell-out "nu-alternative rock"...you get the pleasure of living in an era of time listening to these bands in their prime

6/Godsmack
7/A Simple Plan
8/Korn
..so what i suggest is to talk to older members about what music you should listen to. For me.. the laast greatera of music was the grunge era..an after suffering through the garbage today i long for ithat era even more...But fear not young'ns b/c their is hope in th form of the white stripes  (off th etop of my head that is all i can name for now that is of quality and relatively current the new era of music)...and there are other signs of hope for you ..i.e. Janes's Addiction put out a new album(
BUY that Sucker Now...at first it will sound wierd toyou b/c you are not use to hearing good music ...but your mind will soon be able to adapt to it...trust me there are also some great threads on Pearl Jam, radiohead, TooL. et al ...i feel that you have suffered enough and you owe to yourself(and your ears) to seek out talented and quality music NOW!...if i can relate this in your era of filmaking think of the first Matrix...yeah the one w/K. Reeves..remember Morpheous offers the blue or the red pill then shows him the true world and how what neo though was real actually was not real... you have been shielded from the reality of quality music now take this post as the metaphoric "pill" neo took and see how far the rabbit hole goes........................................................................NOW!(end of cheesy analogy)...................  and you can thank me later ..

i hope i dont sound this dumb when i make drunk posts. lay off the rubber cement kiddo, sheesh.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pevery generation has shit music.

and just about everyone u listed aren't popular anymore.

i think this backfired and showed how out of touch u are..

:? ....it is not about popularity it is about talent.......

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: NEON MERCURYMan...I would like to send my deepest  apologies for the pathetic era of music you have been welcomed to..I call this the era  mixed w/ (c)rap-metal  and add a dose of pop-punk. with a pinch of corporate fake nu-alternative rock       .Examples you ask....welll..in rap-metal we have
1/limp bizcut
2/linkin park

3/blink 182
4/eve 6
5/good charlotte

6/Godsmack
7/A Simple Plan
8/Korn

i hope i dont sound this dumb when i make drunk posts. lay off the rubber cement kiddo, sheesh.

Well why don't you grab a  couple of wine coolers (three should be all you need for you) and find out......................... 8)

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY:? ....it is not about popularity it is about talent.......
u really must be drunk.

if it's not about what u thought was popular what's distinguishing them from about 40 other groups who weren't popular but are shit?

god i don't like most of the bands u listed either, but this kind of random old-person rant is about as lame as ppl using Britney Spears in jokes. "hey who's really dumb and represents the kids these days? britney spears! and they really love their tamagotchis!" fuck no grampa, ur memory stopped working 4 years ago.

even if u try to pick a current pop sensation/movement that sucks, it's just gonna be gone in a year anyway. good charlotte hav already overstayed their popshit welcome. what ur "rebelling" against isn't young ppl's tastes, because just as many of them are getting into real music like Mos Def, Massive Attack, etc as hav been since the Disco era.. that is, a rapidly dwindling number (in proportion to the masses). let me finish, what ur "rebelling" against is mass marketing which has now become an art form in how beautifully it leads millions of ppl into an abyss of mediocrity.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

you make some decent points...you usually from the posts i read from you make good points..this may have been a waste as you said but ..I feel passionately about this and i intended to speak/type...maybe you liked some of the bands that i use as examples or maybe not ..I think Mos Def is great but have not heard of Massive Attack..I am not trying to get in a long" click back and forth to see if any one responds" battle ..maybe  you are right (the last sentence in your post is likely the reasoning behind  my first post ..good call..i guess i will end this now hopefully some people will take  a little of what i said to their benefit....Well  .....P..take  care............

Sigur Rós

The worst band in the pop-boyband-punk genre would be Busted!

phil marlowe

well, i actually don't think popular music is that bad these days. pop music is of course controlled to a degree by what the kids want and that results in trends like those lame pop punk bands (in that i don't mean linkin park who actually has developed a lot and is now okay in my book) but on the other hand i think the soul/r'n'b and hip hop fronts are going by real good. i mean producers like timbaland and the neptunes are really great and they know how to make catchy tunes wich appeal to almost everyone and smells like quality from miles of distance.

in justin timberlake those producers have really found the artist of the era and i see him as having a long career in front of him being the 'pop icon' and that is just great. he really deserves it.

phil marlowe

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: phil marlowein justin timberlake those producers have really found the artist of the era and i see him as having a long career in front of him being the 'pop icon' and that is just great. he really deserves it.
i'm gonna hunt you down, i'm gonna chop your head off, and i'm gonna sell it on e-bay for saying that.
just joking...
not to talk you into killing me or anything but i'd say that the original head of the italian stallion himself would bring in quite a prize.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: phil marlowein justin timberlake those producers have really found the artist of the era and i see him as having a long career in front of him being the 'pop icon' and that is just great. he really deserves it.
i'm gonna hunt you down, i'm gonna chop your head off, and i'm gonna sell it on e-bay for saying that.

just joking...

Some Canadian guy is actually selling his balls on E-bay!

rustinglass

I think this era is pretty good in the alternative side: We've got great bands coming out of scandinavia (sigur rós, múm, anywhen);some good bands on the edge of mainstream (white stripes and, the strokes and I kinda like this one, the yeah yeah yeah's. women: beth gibbons, nina nastacia, pj harvey. we've got jeff buckley albums still coming out.
anyway, it's just my opinion
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

phil marlowe

Quote from: autophobiawhich head in particular?
well, which head would you prefer?