saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Raikus

JB's opening was a song ("Not This Jack") about how now that he's a mega-super-hot-stuff-it-actor it's not going to his head. He'd sing a verse and then yell at an audience member not to make direct eye contact with him and instruct another to always keep eye contact, etc.

Also, there's a part where KG's in a group of people and JB signs his guitar without noticing him.

It sounds lame but I thought he really pulled it off.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

I agree... the opening monologue was great.  
Explaining it in words can't do it any justice though.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

cine

The cold opening was Hammond as Schwarzenegger discussing his 5 point plan for California while ending his sentences with things likes "and all of that" or "and things of that nature."
For his Economy point, he said that he supports "keeping jobs in California" and "having people get jobs where they work for the employer and he pays them money for doing those things"..and his Education point where he supports "the children doing the reading and writing and the adding of the numbers and the geography and all of that".. Really funny..

edison

Quote from: CinephileThe cold opening was Hammond as Schwarzenegger discussing his 5 point plan for California while ending his sentences with things likes "and all of that" or "and things of that nature."
For his Economy point, he said that he supports "keeping jobs in California" and "having people get jobs where they work for the employer and he pays them money for doing those things"..and his Education point where he supports "the children doing the reading and writing and the adding of the numbers and the geography and all of that".. Really funny..

this segment had me rolling, i love how everything ends with "and all of that"

cine

So who saw the Timberlake episode this week? I thought this was funnier than Black's episode.. I was crying laughing over the Punk'd thing (I'm Canadian so I just saw the Timberlake/Kutcher thing last week).. the Kermit sketch was probably the best of the show though.. once again proof that Will Forte is a god.. I will be buying his Best of DVD whenever its released in several years. Timberlake was good throughout the whole show and only started to break during the Gibb talk show.. understandable since Sanz and Fallon break with eachother all the time. Good show.

Banky

i liked the gibb sketch a lot

ono

I saw the Timberlake episode.  The Kermit sketch and the Punk'd sketch were best, yeah, but I thought he sang too much for my liking.  At least he was able to make fun of himself and get back at Kutcher at the same time.  In two different sketches, no less.  So that was cool.

Why, oh why, do the first guests suck so badly, though?  Jack Black was okay, and Timberlake surprised me, but I'm not looking forward to next week.  Anyone know who's on after Berry/Spears?

cine

Oct 25th is a rerun and theres no info yet on the live November 1st show. The November 8th show will have tennis sensation Andy Roddick hosting with Dave Matthews as the musical guest.

Pas

Three songs ? What the hell ...

Still, I was surprised with this one. The Punk'd sketch was great, the Omelette thing was funny and Gary Busey hehe.

Overall, it was an okay episode

Ghostboy

I think Justin Timberlake is cool. I love Cry Me A River (not the version he played, though, although it was cool to see him trying to explore new territory). It's pretty good pop. Anyway, that Kermit skit was sort of brilliant, and the Punk'd thing was great. The funniest thing about the Jessica Simpson sketch is that he basically just repeated thing she'd already said verbatim.

Gloria

I know this isn't news or anything, but watching a little bit of SNL, I really realize that Britney Spears can't sing.  Whats with that slow song she did?  I can name at least 10 artists who could have pulled that song off 10 times better than she did.  How does she get a recording contract and plenty of people more worthy dont get the time of day? I'll tell you why, because she is 'marketable.'  Makes me sick.

I'm done with my rant. I feel a lot better.

"If I had an opportunity to shoot Britney Spears, I think I would."  
- Maryland First Lady

Ghostboy

Hey, at least she actually sang on the second one, accompanied by live instrumentation. The first one was not only lip synced terribly by her, but also the backup singers, and the band was completely faking. I couldn't believe they actually left part of the Madonna verse in...it was like they were just playing the CD over the house amps.

I also can't believe I'm getting so analytical. Oh wait, yes I can. I love pop stars.

Gloria

Quote from: Ghostboyat least she actually sang on the second one

She sings?

Ghostboy

OUTKAST!!!!! NOVEMBER 1st!!!!