Audio from a long distance?

Started by prophet, July 14, 2003, 08:26:05 PM

prophet

you know those scene  where two are talking far away from the camera where you cant have a boom mic? is there a trick to getting the audio or do you do the scene and then you have the actors do the dialog to the scene done prior
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

ono

Wireless mics, I imagine, hidden somewhere on the actors' persons.

prophet

what about in car shots moving cars ?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

ono

Well, for a stationary car, watch the Magnolia DVD "That Moment" diary.  There's clips of how they did it.  For a moving car, the Pulp Fiction SE documentary shows them filming the scene where Butch hits Marsellus with his car.  Gotta rig up something like that I imagine.  If you can't afford it, be creative.  I always envisioned in-car shots as someone sitting in the passenger looking at the driver.  Film all the lines there, and then you'd have to switch it up somehow to get the shots from the driver's perspective.  Not an easy thing for a poor man.  This is all just speculation anyway, 'cause I've never done anything like this.  But I hope it helps.

prophet

i dont have the magnolia dvd but i have the pulp dvd i know what you are talking about when QT says this is your Stroker Ace and that some kid will make a movie on a video camera and it will become a hit or something?

ono

Quote from: propheti dont have the magnolia dvd
Heresy!  Go get it.  Now!  ;)

Quotebut i have the pulp dvd i know what you are talking about when QT says this is your Stroker Ace and that some kid will make a movie on a video camera and it will become a hit or something?
It's been an awfully long time since I've watched the doc.  I do remember that part, but I was remember more along the technical lines.  Remember the rig the have attached to Butch's car in order to shoot him while driving?

"Stroker Ace" ... I don't remember what that is.  Refresh my memory?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaNot an easy thing for a poor man.  

don't give it any coverage, script it exactly the way you want it, shoot it exactly like it....saves stock

prophet

i have boogie nights i might get PDL i have magnolia on dvix i was just watching it ;)

mutinyco

Anybody ever hear of ADR?...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

aclockworkjj

alternative dispute resolution (adr): an overview

Alternative Dispute Resolution ("ADR") refers to any means of settling disputes outside of the courtroom. ADR typically includes arbitration, mediation, early neutral evaluation, and conciliation. As burgeoning court queues, rising costs of litigation, and time delays continue to plague litigants, more states have begun experimenting with ADR programs. Some of these programs are voluntary; others are mandatory

I am amusing this is not what you are talking about?