annapolis

Started by pete, January 27, 2006, 01:00:18 AM

pete

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/annapolis/large.html

the trailer says it all.
Has anyone heard about this film?  Is this some kind of joke?  It looks like one of those turn off your cellphone fake trailers in the multiplexes.  It's directed by Justin Lin and stars James Franco and looks like the most cornball recruitment movie ever.  I wonder if it's paid for by the state.  I seriously wonder.
Someone feeling like he should take one for the team and tell us how it is?  I didn't think much of Justin Lin when Better Luck Tomorrow came out, but man, this looks way worse.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

JG

it's rare that a plot synopsis makes me laugh, but this one did.  this movie looks so terrible. 

MacGuffin

Looks like An Officer And A Gentleman Part 2.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Hahaha, 12% positive rating at Rotten Tomatoes

"[It's] an embarrassingly limp drama that could only please audience members who have never been out to see a movie before."
-- David Cornelius, HOLLYWOOD BITCHSLAP

5/10  "Annapolis is the perfect movie for someone who has never before seen one."
-- Devin Faraci, CHUD

"This could have just as easily been entitled "UCLA" for all the relevance it has to life at Annapolis. Lin apparently tried to combine "An Officer and a Gentleman" with "From Here to Eternity" and wound up with "Alice in Wonderland.""
-- Tony Medley, TONYMEDLEY.COM

"Any resemblance (except qualitatively) to An Officer and A Gentleman is strictly unaccidental."
-- Peter Rainer, CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR