Started by RegularKarate, April 06, 2003, 10:49:17 PM

RegularKarate

Mmmmmmm....

and if you've got some major cash:

I promise, I don't work for apple

sphinx

Ghostboy

Sweet.

Looks like the main new additions are the title generator and the incorporation of Cinema Tools, which previously was a seperate $999.00 program.

Shake would be real nice too. Unfortunately, there's no way I can afford either one right now. FCP 2 will work for me right now, I guess...

Cecil

:shock:

::creams pants::

aclockworkjj

Sweet....now I just have to figure out a way to stuff my G4 at work in my shirt to get it home...lol.  Or get a real job where I can buy a new Mac.  

BTW...anyone know if Mac sells any video packages?...Like with Final Cut pre-installed or comes with a new computer???  Anything like that?

Jeremy Blackman

pant pant pant pant pant pant pant

slobber

Recce

Quote from: aclockworkjjSweet....now I just have to figure out a way to stuff my G4 at work in my shirt to get it home...lol.  Or get a real job where I can buy a new Mac.  

BTW...anyone know if Mac sells any video packages?...Like with Final Cut pre-installed or comes with a new computer???  Anything like that?

Well, I don't know about pre-installed, but you buy your mac, bring it home, connect to the internet and download FCP. That usually works.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

aclockworkjj

I meant legally....

RegularKarate

Quote from: Recce
Quote from: aclockworkjjSweet....now I just have to figure out a way to stuff my G4 at work in my shirt to get it home...lol.  Or get a real job where I can buy a new Mac.  

Well, I don't know about pre-installed, but you buy your mac, bring it home, connect to the internet and download FCP. That usually works.

actually, when you're dealing with a Mac, that doesn't necessarily always work.  Not saying it's not possible, just saying it's tough...

as far as the legal way goes, a lot of non-apple stores will sell G4s with FCP already installed, I can't remember the site address, but there's one that will finance them as well.

You can find them like that on EBay too, but that's not always exactly legal, I"m sure.

aclockworkjj

Cool thanks for the serious info....1000 "thank you's"

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

But seriously, what is this, and is it better than Final Cut Pro 2 ?

Oh wait, it's an upgrade to FCP3, isn't it?

Cecil

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanBut seriously, what is this, and is it better than Final Cut Pro 2 ?

Oh wait, it's an upgrade to FCP3, isn't it?

no its some cheaper version. here apple compares it with fcp 3 http://www.apple.com/finalcut/

EL__SCORCHO

I was reading a FCP review on amazon and some guy wrote this,

"I wouldn't recommend trying to use it on an I-mac though. I would suggest using a G4 to properly use this software. There are a few minor faults in the editing area. For one thing it is almost impossible to input extra footage into an almost finished video. "

Is this true?

Cecil

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOI was reading a FCP review on amazon and some guy wrote this,

"I wouldn't recommend trying to use it on an I-mac though. I would suggest using a G4 to properly use this software. There are a few minor faults in the editing area. For one thing it is almost impossible to input extra footage into an almost finished video. "

Is this true?

hes talking about the old imacs, which use g3 processors. the new imacs use g4s

i dont know what hes talking about with the input extra footage thing.... i wouldnt trust amazon reviewers