Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

picolas

this thing is more or less an annual happening right? i'd rather destroy my wallet after these other crites come out.

Stefen

My fucking car broke down the day this sale started, so I planned on not buying anything, but the last day of the 50% off sale, I bought Che and Paris, Texas, both on Blu-Ray. I ALMOST bought Chungking Express but I showed restraint. Wish I wouldn't have.

EDIT: Goddamnit! I hate starting new pages.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

^lol

i think it's cos mac isn't posting as much these days.

he would always be the first on every page.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

News and notes....

Newsletter picture. Most guesses suggest either Head or Easy Rider. Both are circulating rumor mills so both could be coming even though Easy Rider does have a new Blu Ray release.

"George Hickenlooper has stated today on the Hollywood Elsewhere site that his Peter Bogdanovich documentary (Picture This: The Times of Peter Bogdanovich in Archer City, Texas) will be on the Criterion release of The Last Picture Show."

Also, because of a new deal with Sony, Scorsese's Taxi Driver, Five Easy Pieces, The King of Marvin Gardens, and Safe Place are being much discussed as possibilities.

The Kate Beaverton Chaplin poster is up for sale: http://www.criterion.com/shop_products/80-charlie-chaplin-festival-poster

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on August 04, 2010, 03:47:47 PM
Also, because of a new deal with Sony, Scorsese's Taxi Driver, Five Easy Pieces, The King of Marvin Gardens, and Safe Place are being much discussed as possibilities.

I wonder if they'd include the Scorsese commentary that was on the Criterion LD of Taxi Driver.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on August 04, 2010, 04:05:34 PM
My money is on

now that's entertainment!

it'll be the highest selling criterion since Bananner '88.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: P on August 04, 2010, 10:26:43 PM
it'll be the highest selling criterion since Bananner '88.

Or Ape in the Hole.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

bigperm

Safe As Milk

Ravi

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.