Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

edison

Criterions's site has Variety Lights, Port of Shadows, Le Corbeau, and Quai des orfevres listed as OOP.

w/o horse

Quote from: edison on November 07, 2007, 01:40:45 PM
Criterions's site has Variety Lights, Port of Shadows, Le Corbeau, and Quai des orfevres listed as OOP.
All single disc right?  I smell a Clouzot box set because of the latter two.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

edison

Quote from: w/o horse on November 08, 2007, 11:59:22 AM
Quote from: edison on November 07, 2007, 01:40:45 PM
All single disc right?  I smell a Clouzot box set because of the latter two.

QuoteHi there,

Unfortunately it is not a mistake that those titles are labeled "out
of print" on our website. They have indeed gone out of print, and to
the best of my knowledge we have no plans for rereleases of them at
this time. I hope this information helps, and thanks for your email!

Sincerely,

Tamara

edison

- SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET FEATURES:
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by cinematographer Raoul Coutard
- New video interview with actor Anna Karina
- A "Pierrot" Primer, a new video program with audio commentary by filmmaker Jean-Pierre Gorin
- Godard, l'amour, la poésie, a fifty-minute French documentary about Godard and his collaborative life and films with Anna Karina
- Archival interview excerpts with director Jean-Luc Godard, actors Jean-Paul Belmondo, and Anna Karina
- Theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Richard Brody, an review by Andrew Sarris, and an interview with Godard

- DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FOUR-DISC SET FEATURES:
- All-new, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by cinematographer Vittorio Storaro
- All-new, restored high-definition digital transfer of the extended television version
- Audio commentary by director Bernardo Bertolucci, producer Jeremy Thomas, composer Ryuichi Sakamoto, and screenwriter Mark Peploe
- The Italian Traveler, a documentary by Fernand Mozskowicz, exploring Bertolucci's journey from Parma to China
- The Making of "The Last Emperor," a new documentary featuring Storaro, editor Gabriella Cristiana, costume designer James Acheson, and art director Gianni Silvestre
- Postcards from China, video images taken by Bertolucci while on preproduction
- The Late Show: Face to Face, a 30-minute BBC interview with Bertolucci from 1989
- New video interviews with composers David Byrne and Sakamoto
- Theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring essays by David Thomson and excerpts from script supervisor Fabien Gerard's journals from the production
- More!

- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, approved by director Alex Cox
- Audio commentary by Cox and screenwriter Rudy Wurlitzer
- Dispatches from Nicaragua, an original documentary about the filming of Walker
- On Moviemaking and the Revolution, an audio reminiscence from actor and writer Linda Sandoval about the shoot
- Rare behind-the-scenes photos
- PLUS: A booklet featuring writings by film critic Graham Fuller, Wurlitzer, and Linda Sandoval

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: w/o horse on November 16, 2007, 12:08:36 PM

The Thief of Bagdad, yes?

Yea. Not really enticing news considering word about its eventual release has already been reported.

grand theft sparrow

I don't seem to recall it being posted on here but, GT, have you heard anything about Criterion releasing von Trier's Zentropa?  The On Five blog made mention of it recently.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: IN SPAR_ROWS on November 16, 2007, 01:48:11 PM
I don't seem to recall it being posted on here but, GT, have you heard anything about Criterion releasing von Trier's Zentropa?  The On Five blog made mention of it recently.

That was the first mention and I just didn't report it. I should have. No clue when it's coming, but I predict sometime next year.

Gamblour.

I love reading the filmmakers et al about their ten favorite Criterions. Dennis Lehane's was great because, I dunno, he surprised me. I like getting suggestions, like I really want to watch Haxan right now.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

i just now see the Pierrot announcement/features.
february come soon...

i wanna effiing eff anna effing right now (40 years ago)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

last days of gerry the elephant

Are there any speculations on Béla Tarr released on Criterion as of yet?

I'd rather not spend $60+ on a Pal version of Satantango if there will be something from Criterion coming.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: overmeunderyou on December 10, 2007, 11:12:52 AM
Are there any speculations on Béla Tarr released on Criterion as of yet?

Sadly, no. All my searches found no discussion for Criterion but only boutique labels.

edison

Special Features
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer
- A 1996 interview with director Alberto Lattuada by filmmaker Daniele Luchetti
- New video interviews with the director's son, Alessandro Lattuada, and wife, actress Carla Del Poggio (Variety Lights)
- Italian and U.S. theatrical trailers
- Stills gallery of promotional caricatures by artist Keiko Kimura New and improved English subtitle translation

Special Features
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer
- New video interview with architect Arata Isozaki
- Gaudí, Catalunya 1959, a short film by Hiroshi Teshigahara featuring footage from his first trip to Spain
- Monitor: Antonio Gaudí (1961), a short film essay by director Ken Russell
- VITA, a short film by Teshigahara on the sculpture work of his father, Sofu Teshigahara
- Original theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by art historian Dore Ashton, and reprinted writings by Hiroshi and Sofu

Special Features
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Ang Lee and director of photography Frederick Elmes
- Audio commentary featuring Lee and producer-screenwriter James Schamus
- New documentary featuring interviews with actors Joan Allen, Kevin Kline, Christina Ricci, and Elijah Wood
- New video interview with novelist Rick Moody
- Deleted scenes
- Footage from an event honoring Lee and Schamus at New York's Museum of the Moving Image
- Production designs and sketches, with commentary by the designers
- Theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A new essay by film critic Bill Krohn

modage

Another star has just appeared in a Criterion supplement (of a sort) as well: Will Ferrell and Adam McKay just released the "Criterion Edition" of their popular Internet movie The Landlord. Scroll down to watch the deluxe version, as inspired by Criterion commentary tracks. Happy viewing!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3db471fcea
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

last days of gerry the elephant

Fucking cock tip...

Thanks for that Mod, it was just too good.