OUT OF TIME

Started by Finn, October 02, 2003, 04:33:12 PM

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

Quote from: tremoloslothLooks awful

but, he's the chief of police...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Finn

This movie actually did pretty well on rottentomatoes. 67% percent!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

edison

Quote from: SydneyThis movie actually did pretty well on rottentomatoes. 67% percent!

thats still an F

ben

probably going to rent it when it comes out on DVD only to see more Eva Mendes.  8)

markums2k

Hey, c'mon people.  It looks like... uh... another Crimson Tide... only this time it's not in a nuclear submarine.  Uh, yeah.

Or could it be another John Q...?

MacGuffin

The difference between Denzel's crooked cop here and the one he played in "Training Day" is that in "Training Day" he was smarter and likable in a love to hate way. Here he's Chief of police, but he is as dumb as a rookie so it's no wonder how easily he's framed. The thriller aspect was very good and how his char. cover his tracks, but the begining ruins it for the characters. I have mention Eva Mendes. While is great to look at, she has yet to prove that she is more than just a pretty face. Why is it when actresses play "tough" roles as a cop, military, etc. they think that barking orders and yelling is the way to prove they have "balls"?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

as if anyone actually cares....

Title: Out of Time
Starring: Denzel Washington
Released: 6th January 2004
SRP: $27.98

Further Details
MGM Home Entertainment have officially announced the region one release of Out of Time which stars the Oscar winning Denzel Washington. This crime thriller will be available to own from the 6th January next year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $27.98. I'm afraid that we don't have the official artwork yet but we'll bring you that as soon as we do. For now though, here are the specs:

-2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
-English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
-French Stereo Surround Track
-Spanish Stereo Surround Track
-Audio Commentary
-Out of Time: Crime Scene Featurette
-Sanaa Lathan Screen Test
-Dean Cain Screen Test
-Character Profiles
-Outtakes & Photo Gallery
-Original Theatrical Trailer

least the dvd art isnt as bad as the poster.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

I hate Denzel Washington...all he does is that stupid "look".  You all know what I'm talking about.  Watch the Out of Time trailer and I think he does the "look" about 4 to 6 times.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

..i like that shirt...
my aunt stitched me one "sort a" like that one.

and this film will make nick of time look credible.

SHAFTR

I saw this and I actually liked it.  I'm not a denzel fan either.  It's a very entertaining thriller.  I especially liked Denzel, Dean Cain & John Billingsley in their roles.  The women in the film didn't really sell me very well on their characters.  I was a big fan of the cinematography and the only fault in the production aspect of the film I found was a little bit too much slow motion; but the zooms and the use of hot colors were excellent.  I would recommend it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"