Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Kal

I said it on the 24 thread before reading this. I cannot tolerate this idiot anymore.

private witt, just leave man.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: private witt on April 01, 2009, 09:10:33 PM
Lost is the single shittiest show on television.  I can't believe all you fools thing soap opera acting and dialog written by third graders is worth watching every week.  That show is fucking laughable and you should all be embarrassed as shit that you got suckered into enjoying such a turd of a program.

Really immature critique. Could you please, if you have a problem with it, word your bashing more carefully and a bit more in-depth, like GT did with 'There Will Be Blood'?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Also, I second kal's notion.

My Collection

JG

spoils

i think they did an interesting thing here, in that its ambiguous to the losties (and to us as well i suppose) as to what the rules of time travel actually are.. they cannot run the risk of not saving ben because it would mean the end of their existence. so essentially they have to try and uphold what they think is suppose to happen to save themselves, and thats precisely why it happened in the first place (?).

SiliasRuby

Sure, that makes sense. Really enjoyed his one too, even though it was a slightly weaker episode than others this year. Liked the 'back to the future' reference. I'm tired with lonliness...that has nothing to do with the episode, I've just been going through a terrible rough patch. Yeah, decent episode though. Jack is a stobborn bastard.

My Collection

private witt

Quote from: kal on April 01, 2009, 09:16:45 PM
I said it on the 24 thread before reading this. I cannot tolerate this idiot anymore.

private witt, just leave man.

April fools, idiot.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Kal

It was a great episode but it seemed kinda odd how everything was spelled out. They had all the same conversations we would have. First Hugo and the asian dude, and then at the end of Richard Alpert. It was pretty good to see Richard take little Ben into that fricking castle/whateverthefuckthatis, right after he said he would not remember anything and bla bla. Pretty much answered lots of questions or at least made us know they are aware of what we are asking.

Kate was pretty solid in this episode, so I'm glad she was kinda back. Also, its good that they even addressed how different Jack is and he accepts that he is doing the opposite of what he used to do.

Overall it was pretty good, and once again the end was priceless with Ben's face waking up and seeing Locke.

Kal

Sorry to post again but run into an interesting blog post somewhere else:

The show seems to be hinting at this latter possibility with the end of the episode. Know how Ben always insists that he was born on this Island, and that makes him special. We've just always thought of that as one of his lies. But what if he actually believes it? What if it's not only metaphorically true, but in his eyes, literally true? His memory loss not only explains away the "why didn't he recognize anyone as Henry Gale" conundrum, but also gives new context to every action taken as leader, his relationship to the smoke monster, and to Jacob himself.

polkablues

For the first time in a while, I felt totally on board with Jack's decisions in this episode.  If everything has already happened and nothing can be changed, what's the point in sweating it?  Just sit back and let the chips fall where they may (actually, where they've already fallen and are therefore predetermined to fall no matter what).

And I loved the time travel discussion between Hurley and Miles.  It felt like a scene out of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead", with its circles of logic and the underlying absurdity of it all.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Quote from: kal on April 02, 2009, 02:45:09 AM
Sorry to post again but run into an interesting blog post somewhere else:

The show seems to be hinting at this latter possibility with the end of the episode. Know how Ben always insists that he was born on this Island, and that makes him special. We've just always thought of that as one of his lies. But what if he actually believes it? What if it's not only metaphorically true, but in his eyes, literally true? His memory loss not only explains away the "why didn't he recognize anyone as Henry Gale" conundrum, but also gives new context to every action taken as leader, his relationship to the smoke monster, and to Jacob himself.

Don't agree with that. I'm quite convinced that Henry Gale did recognize people. This has been explained by the list of people he requested be brought to him in season 2, the people he already knew.

Also, about having to save been or risking not existing: not valid. If not saving Ben can make him die, then it means multiple realities exist. According to Faraday's theory, there is only one reality. Which means that the Losties are now acting out the chain of events that lead them to the island in the first place. Whatever they do is what have lead them there. Whatever the choice they make is they choice that leads to Ben being like he his etc.

And if Faraday's theory was wrong than 3523 plot holes appear.

Right now the biggest plot hole I can find is that some of the Losties are alive twice in the world, which means that them as little kids will grow up to be them at 2007 and see pictures of themselves as Dharma on the island, which wasn't there before. How is that explainable.

Fernando

Quote from: kal on April 02, 2009, 02:33:14 AM
It was a great episode but it seemed kinda odd how everything was spelled out. They had all the same conversations we would have. First Hugo and the asian dude, and then at the end of Richard Alpert.

yeah that bothered me a little but I liked the part with richard alpert, so other than that it was a fun episode and I liked jack too who isn't confused at all about their present in the past and the way he's making sense of the situation.

Quote from: SiliasRuby on April 02, 2009, 12:26:48 AM
Liked the 'back to the future' reference.

yep, and before hugo mentioned it when sawyer tells kate to scram for a second I thought he was going to say 'scram mcfly!'

bonanzataz

Quote from: kal on April 02, 2009, 02:33:14 AM
right after he said he would not remember anything and bla bla. Pretty much answered lots of questions or at least made us know they are aware of what we are asking.

i mean i hope they only added that line in there because they know we're asking that question. otherwise, it just seems a little too convenient, non? i mean, there's no way any of that shit in s3 happened if ben knew who jack, kate, sawyer, sayid, and jin were, but i'll be totally disappointed if they try to get away with explaining that through richard's one line of lazy dialogue. also, i agree with pas rap about them crashing in 2007 and not being recognized by any of the others, rousseau, and not seeing themselves in dharma pics. lucy, you got some 'splainin to do...

i'm also very happy that my time travel theory was so wrong, but now there are a million inconsistencies that i pray get answered (and not in an easy and convenient way) b/c of it. i'm sure desmond and faraday will have something to do with the answering of our lingering questions.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has officially set Lost: The Complete Fifth Season for release on DVD and Blu-ray on 12/8 (SRP $59.99 and $79.99). Each will be a 5-disc set including all 17 episodes, along with commentaries, deleted scenes, cast interviews and behind-the-scenes features (TBA). The Blu-ray set will also include additional exclusive features (also TBA).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Hm, I feel like this was a bit clumsy. They had a lot of information and secrets to reveal, and they just kinda bungled it. And smokey looks worse than ever. Not my favorite episode, but great to see John back in action.
WWPTAD?

JG

dudes, the day lost died. that was weak.