NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

cinemanarchist

No, it really is very good and unique, but more like a very interactive point and click adventure game than anything else. I think if another studio other than Rockstar had made this, it would have received an even stronger reception.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

cronopio 2

just finished portal 2. i'm about to cry of  how good it was.

Pas

Witcher 1 is like 9$ now, that's a game

witcher 2 is a masterpiece. Game of the year easy.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

hey ya'll, la noire was checked out.....just started Fallout 3.... :yabbse-undecided:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

I'm a few hours into LA Noire now and while I have to admit I'm a little disappointed after all the hype, I still really like it.
I'm a pretty casual gamer and this seems like it will keep me entertained and it looks amazing.

The Perineum Falcon

It gets better. The Homicide cases are increasingly longer and more intricate. There are some damn good car chases in there, too, for good measure. The storyline is starting to come out a bit more, but I don't want to spoil anything for someone who has not made it too far.
Turning off the hints, as polka suggested, is really helping out, oddly enough. Without the chimes, vibrations, etc. I have more of a reason to explore a location until I'm satisfied. It increases the game's difficulty only slightly, but it is more enjoyable this way.
Has anyone else been playing it in black & white? It definitely adds to the mood and the noir feel.

The early cases are disappointing, but stick with it. Once the training wheels come off, it is an exciting and rewarding experience.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

mogwai

L.A. Noire is like L.A. Confidential to the oblivious: They both same like action based, tons of car chases etc. There's more than that, there is depth and a lot of dialogue. It's not the best game I've played (Red Dead Redemption is...) but all the facial thingies, location, cars, the music of the time is all good. The only minus is that the streets seems a bit sort of the same, it feels very flat. Maybe the L.A. of the 40's did in real life but feel stale. It reminded me a wee bit of The Godfather which suffered with the same problem.

Stefen

Yeah, it's not a BAD game. It's very good, but it's just not up to Rockstars standards. Red Dead Redemption was just, I mean what can you say about that game other than it was practically flawless, and it was FUN.

Like someone else said, if anyone else made L.A. Noire, it would be met with raves from the gaming community, but since it's Rockstar, it's just a bit disappointing.

Other than solve cases, there isn't much else to do, which is kind of pointless when you have a map that large. And yeah, the map isn't very bustling. There isn't a lot of action going on. Not a lot of buildings you can enter, side missions, etc.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Quote from: cronopio 2 on May 19, 2011, 10:23:38 PM
just finished portal 2. i'm about to cry of  how good it was.

Right? Tremendous experience..

cronopio 2

in the final chapter, my heart was beating faster than it has in the past , like, two years.  i wouldn't exaggerate such a shitty idiom.

SiliasRuby

I don't care what all you haters say LA Noire has exceeded my expectations and really made me quite happy. Although, I have low expectations for EVERYTHING.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pozer

i'm kinda glad this isnt getting Red Dead raves. just had a kid, need to get what free time i gots back to RDR stat! havnt even made it to Mexico. woulda been bummed for now i dont wanna miss out on these Rockstar gems right out the gate. will get around to this one say Christmasish.

Pas

Ok i take back some stuff i said, after a while it gets pretty good!