Poolhall Junkies

Started by BigDaddy, February 26, 2003, 04:02:44 PM

BigDaddy

Saw the premiere last night. Kick ass indie pool flick with Chazz Palminteri, Rick Schroeder, Christopher Walkin, and Nate Stevens. Check it out. Limited release this Friday.

Anybody else seen it?

Victor

looking forward to it, for sure.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Pas

That was a really good movie ! Made time fly at least. The plot is kinda weak, but the entertainment is there. Obviously, liking pool is a must I think.

It's out on DVD

aclockworkjj

It's funny to think this is the dude from Smallville (Lex).  He looks funny with hair!!!

I rented this just out of the blue about a week or so ago.  It made me realize, there is pretty nothing Walken can do where I don't find him amazing!!!

Right, the plot is pretty dumb, or lacking.  But I would suggest watching this just for Walken's role.

hangt5

I first saw the preview for this while watching SNL I was so confused whether or not it was an SNL joke ad or a real movie. Walken was hosting.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pas RapportThat was a really good movie ! Made time fly at least. The plot is kinda weak, but the entertainment is there. Obviously, liking pool is a must I think.

you're right saw it last week......it solid i guess.....
interresting that the main actor/director loooks like john cusack.....

pete

blah, the way he cons people is pretty dumb/ naive and it steals too much from the two or three other pool movies.
the whole thing reeks of "first time indie" film, right down to the christopher walken involvement.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

my favorite part is where they shoot up in the poolhall.
under the paving stones.

Pas

At the point where I saw this movie, I hadn't seen any of these other pool movies like The Hustler yet so I tought it was pretty original. Now I can see it wasn't so, but still an entertaining one I tought.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Pmy favorite part is where they shoot up in the poolhall.

No, no, no.  You're thinking of "Poolhall Junkies".  This is "Poolhall Junkies".  Totally different.  

This movie is about garbage men who put squirrels down their pants.  For gambling.  They play pool in their time off.

Weird. Oh

I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought the movie was extremely predictable and not entertaining at all. I did however enjoy walken's performance. He wasn't some flashy guy with loads of money. He played it subtle and you weren't really sure what his deal was.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.