a thought

Started by Gsus4, October 30, 2003, 10:59:13 PM

SoNowThen

Gsus4 -- good chord.

You been playing long?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

neatahwanta

Gsus4

Quote from: NEON MERCURYfor those... who .know....:

bonanas=high potassium...
12 cookies=a dozen

thank..you

-NEON MERCURY

knee on murk cure ree

image search on google
when: neon mercury is entered
this is one of the images that appears:

this that jack lemmon in the blue lamp shade hat?
i'm not really sure.
thought you might enjoy that.

bananas and pee nut butt ur
shootin out the lights
(played 3X0013)

Gsus4

Quote from: sickfinshere heralds the return of a king
actually more of a duke, sirtainly

no one will ever pick up my name drops  :yabbse-lamp:

dick chins

you are too kind
a king?
probably not
a queen?
she sure is, i call her hawgeez
a duke?
i think you meant a 'duuk'
right poo brick?
no?
yes?
no?
no.
perhaps.
(played 3X0013)

Gsus4

Quote from: SoNowThenGsus4 -- good chord.

You been playing long?

so now then

why choose such a phrase
it is not meant to be uplifting
it just shows
things
are
still
just
as
bad
its summing up a continuance
making up the spelling of words is grand

scuh as tihs

did you konw taht as lnog as the frist and lsat lteter of ecah wrod is crroect, no mtater how the rset is seplt, you can sitll tolatly udnretsand it.

these strange things happen all the time
(played 3X0013)

SoNowThen

Quote from: Gsus4
did you konw taht as lnog as the frist and lsat lteter of ecah wrod is crroect, no mtater how the rset is seplt, you can sitll tolatly udnretsand it.

these strange things happen all the time

Ha! Damn, you're right!!!

No, I meant the question literally, no fancy stuff here.
'tis a good chord...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gsus4

chords hang the best of us
it sounds nice
but its really more trouble than its worth

dont not pee emm
i am who i am
and thats all that i yam
(played 3X0013)

SoNowThen

Bob Dylan uses that chord a lot, does that have something to do with you picking it?

Gsus4

bob dylan
dylan thomas
thomas edward
edward monte
monte hellman

hmm

everything is connected
when you look for a pattern
(played 3X0013)

Gsus4

i have to say goodnight to you kiddies
perhaps ill be back at a later time
your questions amuse me
as well as your statements
it is a fun place to visit
i shall have to tell my friends

ill see you all soon, i should think
have to get back to the glow box

glow box stew
i have things to tell it
printing out the new,
then tryin to sell it

working hard or hardly workin

you decide

sickfins
poobrick
backupoffme
webgahtee

"mcuh lvoe"

-Gsus4
(played 3X0013)

Pubrick

Quote from: Gsus4i think you meant a 'duuk'
right poo brick?
no?
yes?
no?
no.
perhaps.

Hai Hai Hai Bye
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Finn

A thread for me??? Thank you!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

aclockworkjj

I think it should be called Phil...

seriously, he carried the whole thing old timer.

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjjI think it should be called Phil...

seriously, he carried the whole thing old timer.

not likely
sus4 is such a pop chord anyway