Licorice Pizza - Interviews

Started by itwasgood, November 10, 2021, 10:03:41 AM

itwasgood

Another great interview and gorgeous artworks!  :bravo:

DickHardwood2022

More Alana/Licorice Pizza stuff and a little of her sisters too.

wilberfan

That was nicely done.  :bravo:

And "Valentine Recording" was a detail I'd missed...

itwasgood

Q&A with Paul & Andy Jurgensen at Landmark

wilberfan

Harriet Sansom Harris, Culture Pop Podcast

Harriet doesn't show up until 13:00...

Drill

wilberfan

Quote from: wilberfan on February 12, 2022, 10:30:48 AM

She mentions one of her early stage roles that put her on the map:  The only female in the Off-Broadway AIDS comedy "Jeffrey" (by Paul Rudnick).  When I looked it up--guess who was the male lead (and who originated the role)?

John Michael Higgins.

Tdog

Quote from: wilberfan on February 13, 2022, 01:06:48 PM
Quote from: wilberfan on February 12, 2022, 10:30:48 AM

She mentions one of her early stage roles that put her on the map:  The only female in the Off-Broadway AIDS comedy "Jeffrey" (by Paul Rudnick).  When I looked it up--guess who was the male lead (and who originated the role)?

John Michael Higgins.

Gil Chesterton!

DickHardwood2022

Quote from: Drill on February 13, 2022, 12:55:51 PM
Don't think this was posted. Another zoom Q&A with PTA, Alana, and Cooper Hoffman.

https://vimeo.com/676517923/ecca8ccae8?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=160173128

Waiting on that DVD now then to see that extra footage

wilberfan

"That Was Weird": An American Cinematheque Tribute to Legendary Director SAM HARPOON"

:ponder:

[This is unlisted for now.  So posting here is kind of a Sneak Preview.  Not sure yet if the AC might object to posting the audio content.  So please don't spread this around yet.  Hoping someone near the front might have video'd it and will post soon.]

https://youtu.be/uNV0YSp3Lls

(I also have audio of Paul's extended (54 min) post-Licorice Q&A which I'll do something with soon.)

itwasgood

DickHardwood2022

Quote from: wilberfan on February 15, 2022, 02:28:26 PM
"That Was Weird": An American Cinematheque Tribute to Legendary Director SAM HARPOON"

:ponder:

[This is unlisted for now.  So posting here is kind of a Sneak Preview.  Not sure yet if the AC might object to posting the audio content.  So please don't spread this around yet.  Hoping someone near the front might have video'd it and will post soon.]

https://youtu.be/uNV0YSp3Lls

(I also have audio of Paul's extended (54 min) post-Licorice Q&A which I'll do something with soon.)

that was great this character  is just getting crazier and crazier. Is there any recording of those new Haim videos out there?

Drill

Quote from: wilberfan on February 15, 2022, 02:28:26 PM

Great, hope we can hear it soon.

wilberfan

Here's the Q&A with Paul from Monday nite.  (Another 'sneak preview'.  Not sure if someone from the AC will come down on me regarding the audio recording...)

https://youtu.be/U_2_b3nM7l0

It was an interesting evening.  I was concerned that having just watched this (#6) three weeks ago, that I'd be bored--something I'm generally concerned about with every rewatch (regardless of which PTA it is)--but it never happens.  Number 7 was a very smooth, engaging, comfortable ride. 

While I do enjoy the 'Harpoon' thing--I think a little goes a long way.  It was fun watching them commit to the bit, tho.   I think it works better as tweets, perhaps.   Now a Q&A between Sam and Paul could have been interesting!

The 'weirdest' part of the evening for me--symbolically weird, not literally weird--was when Paul introduced the program (two music vids--including the new one and a trailer) and then the lights went down.  He made his way to the back of the theatre, crossed the auditorium, and stood right next to where I was sitting.

My first thought was, "Oh, cool...hey, Paul...".   I assumed he wanted to check the projection/sound.   The first vid was the "girls-wake-up-and-smear-their-lipstick-on-the-mirror vid".  OK, I've seen it before.  Fine.   Then the new one comes on.  A glance at Paul.   He's still there, so he probably wants to see how it plays with the audience...?

I think about moving over one and offering him my aisle seat...

It runs....and--as with most of the other Haim vids--I'm not really sure what to make of it.   That's when it starts to feel weird.   The weirdness was sealed when the trailer started:  It was for Inherent Vice....

At this point I almost LOL'd.  Here I am seated 4' away from one of my creative idols--and 'together' we're watching 2 music vids--which I'm always kind of  :roll: about--and a trailer for the one film of his I've never been able to connect to...   

It was just...comically weird--from a kind of FanBoy perspective.  ("Hey, did I tell you?  I finally got to hang out with Paul for a few minutes the other evening.  Together we watched three examples of his work that I find the least impressive...")  :rofl:

If you stick around till the end of the Youtube, you'll see the little button on the evening as I was one of the last people to leave the theater...