Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

Axolotl

I'm hearing the next one is going to be his last, he wants to retire after his 10th movie.

jzakko

I'm pretty sure he's finally making his Mortal Kombat sequel next.

jviness02

He will make a Father Son story set in the valley in the 1970s. Checks every box.

Yes

The way he keeps going on about Denzel makes me think it's happening. He hasn't been this incessant since... Sandler? Even the Tiffany Haddish thing felt more like speculation on his part.. "Oh, I'd love to. We talked here and there". He's already namedropped Denzel a few times this press tour and on his last podcast appearance mentioned he couldn't die without working with him.

This also reminded me of two things:
-He's previously discussed working on a different project but drew more fondly of this. A fact repeated here. He also remarked his work with period pieces unfortunately rules out many POC actors he'd like to work with ala Denzel
-Back in 2019 or 2020, someone here posted news about a PTA project that was contemporary and an unexpected Lead Actor. He could have been full of shit, who knows. Can't remember if he was correct in the past. But... this could have been the Denzel thing he was eyeing?

Axolotl

Quote from: Yes on January 01, 2022, 10:39:44 PM
He also remarked his work with period pieces unfortunately rules out many POC actors he'd like to work with ala Denzel

Lol did he really say that, or was he just repeating the chris rock joke? If it's the former, what does he think black people did before the '80s that they couldn't be characters in movies, sit around being sad all the time?

Drill

The way he keeps going on about Denzel makes me think it's happening. He hasn't been this incessant since... Sandler? Even the Tiffany Haddish thing felt more like speculation on his part.. "Oh, I'd love to. We talked here and there". He's already namedropped Denzel a few times this press tour and on his last podcast appearance mentioned he couldn't die without working with him.

This also reminded me of two things:
-He's previously discussed working on a different project but drew more fondly of this. A fact repeated here. He also remarked his work with period pieces unfortunately rules out many POC actors he'd like to work with ala Denzel
-Back in 2019 or 2020, someone here posted news about a PTA project that was contemporary and an unexpected Lead Actor. He could have been full of shit, who knows. Can't remember if he was correct in the past. But... this could have been the Denzel thing he was eyeing?

Their info about Phantom Thread was accurate.

This could be what the poster was referring to but they implied at the time that the actor was already attached/cast. This interest in Denzel sounds very recent.

Yes

Quote from: Axolotl on January 02, 2022, 12:14:09 AM
He also remarked his work with period pieces unfortunately rules out many POC actors he'd like to work with ala Denzel

Lol did he really say that, or was he just repeating the chris rock joke? If it's the former, what does he think black people did before the '80s that they couldn't be characters in movies, sit around being sad all the time?

Chris Rock joke but I remember during Master, he spoke about how he wanted to get his kids into the portrait scene but couldn't because the race

wilberfan

Guys.  I've got his 10th feature.

A Sonny & Cher biopic.

wilberfan

Heisenberg

Since he has covered the 70s twice more after Boogie Nights, I hope someday he sets a film in the 80s again.

Montclair

I really would like for him to work with Camilla Rutherford again. I thought she was underused in Phantom Thread.

Axolotl

Quote from: Montclair on January 10, 2022, 06:50:51 PM
I really would like for him to work with Camilla Rutherford again. I thought she was underused in Phantom Thread.
So true! I felt the same about Sarah Lamesch and Nicholas Mander, both criminally underused in Phantom Thread.

Montclair

Admin edit: Montclair has been permanently banned for this post (and others).

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Axolotl on January 10, 2022, 09:31:53 PM
Quote from: Montclair on January 10, 2022, 06:50:51 PM
So true! I felt the same about Sarah Lamesch and Nicholas Mander, both criminally underused in Phantom Thread.

Why are you guys on here such defensive pussies? Take PTA's cock out of your throat.

Axolotl

I don't care about PTA or defending him and you genuinely can't read. I find you personally distasteful and think you're the dumbest person ever to post here. That's what the post was about.