'lil cinephile presents A is for Auteur (featuring Paul Thomas Anderson)

Started by modage, April 29, 2018, 10:19:38 AM

Robyn

there's a Lowery quote on the website:

QuoteNew career goal: Being on one of these cards.

:yabbse-grin:

WorldForgot

It's been more grueling waiting for this game to drop so I can get decks than it has been waiting on any movie release all year.

polkablues

If you had put money into the Kickstarter, as I did, you would have your copy of the game already, as I do, and if you're like me, you would not have had an opportunity to play it yet because all your real-life friends don't even know who Ellen Burstyn is, much less how to connect her to Ben Stiller in six movies or fewer.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

For the record, Ellen Burstyn was in How To Make An American Quilt with Winona Ryder who was in Reality Bites with Ben Stiller.

WorldForgot

Quote from: polkablues on August 15, 2019, 07:56:52 PM
If you had put money into the Kickstarter, as I did, you would have your copy of the game already

I know but I was very broke then and could hardly afford anything except emotional support ;_;

modage

It's true! My game came out this week officially and is in stores and everything. (For everybody not near a really cool indie bookstore, you can order it from cinephilegame.com)

It's been a really crazy year and a half working on this thing so it's exciting to finally see it out there in the world. If anybody does get one, would love to hear your thoughts!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

FYI, I heard Cinephile mentioned on Slashfilm Daily, a podcast I listen to pretty much every weekday. Ben Pearson on the podcast highly recommended it.

polkablues

My only two complaints are that the card back design is too busy and that I can't convince any of my friends to play it.

Tdog

Quote from: Cory Everett on September 01, 2019, 06:26:47 PM
It's true! My game came out this week officially and is in stores and everything. (For everybody not near a really cool indie bookstore, you can order it from cinephilegame.com)

It's been a really crazy year and a half working on this thing so it's exciting to finally see it out there in the world. If anybody does get one, would love to hear your thoughts!

Hey modage! Did you send a deck to PTA? Weren't you in touch with him via Cigs And Red Vines back in the day?

modage

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 01, 2019, 08:57:15 PM
FYI, I heard Cinephile mentioned on Slashfilm Daily, a podcast I listen to pretty much every weekday. Ben Pearson on the podcast highly recommended it.

Oh nice! I missed this, thanks for the heads up. Will listen now.

Quote from: polkablues on September 01, 2019, 11:05:00 PM
My only two complaints are that the card back design is too busy and that I can't convince any of my friends to play it.

Haha. The card design I did during the Kickstarter phase and always thought I'd go back and revisit it (and suggested to the design team at Clarkson Potter I was open to playing around with it) but they left it alone and that was that.

Not being able to convince your friends IRL to play is definitely not an uncommon occurrence.

https://twitter.com/cinephilegame/status/1139255763879096320

Quote from: Tdog on September 02, 2019, 10:32:56 AM
Hey modage! Did you send a deck to PTA?

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

modage

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Cory Everett on April 16, 2020, 01:41:12 PM
They did and it was fun! How was it as a viewer?

It was great! I didn't know you were going to be on the stream, so that was very cool.

Ice Pirates blew my mind. I should have expected Stuart's knowledge of obscure 80s movies would come into play.

jenkins

i saw this for sale in an Auckland bookstore. there it was across the globe