Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jviness02

One small correction to that is Jon Favreau  didn't really "defend" Marvel. He said something along the lines of "Marty can say whatever he wants. I wouldn't be making movies if it wasn't for him". I only remember this because he was the only one who didn't come off as a doofus.

Yes

The box office was up 5% this weekend. Still a top 5 theater average. 11.8m domestic so far. Still in top 10.

wilberfan

wilberfan

Very cool.  A guy just posted over on /r that he's going to see it there for his tenth viewing...   :bravo:

wilberfan

GARY VALENTINE'S DAY WEEKEND WITH PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON

PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE / SABRINA  (Intro by PTA)

THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD (Q&A with Joachim Trier and Renate Reinsve. Moderated by Paul Thomas Anderson.)

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH ( Q&A with Amy Heckerling. Moderated by Paul Thomas Anderson. (Amy Heckerling will be appearing virtually)

TOP HAT/CAREFREE

LICORICE PIZZA 70mm ( Q&A following with Paul Thomas Anderson) / SO WHAT IF I REALLY AM CHOPPED LIVER in 16mm (+ Q&A with legendary director Sam Harpoon)

Holy shit.

kingfan011

WorldForgot

Quote from: kingfan011 on February 04, 2022, 05:37:11 PM
Wait so who is going to be Sam Harpoon?

Most likely the screenwriter that plays him in the film, Dan Chariton. If that part of the event's description isn't complete bologna. But i dont understand why you're insinuiting Sam Harpoon is anyone other than Sam Harpoon.

Sam Harpoon is legendary director Sam Harpoon!

wilberfan

Somewhere, Andy Kaufman is smiling.... 

I've got my ticket--and a soupçon of suspicion that Paul & friends might enjoy Sam's 'tribute' more than the audience.  We'll see.