Peter Jackson's KING KONG

Started by Spike, December 14, 2003, 01:15:38 PM

Ravi

Even Alexander made a lot of money when international box office was tallied up.  Peter Jackson still has the massive LOTR momentum to go on, so in the end it will make money.

Kal

Last year it seemed easy... this year has just been terrible and keeps getting worse for the box office... it will end up being 10-15% below last year and I believe we are having more releases than last year.

That is why it doesnt make a difference the budget of the movie, but if its good... if its good, it will make a lot of money... heck each of the Lord of the Rings movies made around 2 billion just in theatrical, dvds, tv rights... so it can definetly happen for a movie like King Kong... if its good

the others have nothing to do with it... people will go if they are interested... already 10% of the people are not going or going less... so it all comes down to the product that is out there

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: andykLast year it seemed easy... this year has just been terrible and keeps getting worse for the box office... it will end up being 10-15% below last year and I believe we are having more releases than last year.

That is why it doesnt make a difference the budget of the movie, but if its good... if its good, it will make a lot of money... heck each of the Lord of the Rings movies made around 2 billion just in theatrical, dvds, tv rights... so it can definetly happen for a movie like King Kong... if its good

the others have nothing to do with it... people will go if they are interested... already 10% of the people are not going or going less... so it all comes down to the product that is out there

I'm not convinced its the quality of the product. A lot of bad movies made money last year. I think the boom of video games is playing an effect on younger crowd going to movies.

JG

people just dont like movies anymore.  it's a shame it really is.  hollywood will be nonexistent in ten years.

modage

Quote from: JimmyGatorpeople just dont like movies anymore.  it's a shame it really is.  hollywood will be nonexistent in ten years.
JimmyGator, I Have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

i'm in a silly mood tonight.

Gamblour.

Mothers, lock up your daughters.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

New Trailer here.

But is it me or does the non-HD trailer not work for anyone?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

It worked for me.

My cynicism just melted pretty much entirely.

hedwig

me too, GB. me too.

goddddddaaaaaaaaaaamn that looks perfick.

i can't wait. this is going to be a masterpiece that people years from now will look back on and say, "Kong was to Jackson as Salome was to Colin McKenzie; an ultimate masterwork."

anyway, kong/dinosaur/brody/black and watts ( :inlove: ) all look fantastic. this is gonna be great.

take that, you anti-2005ers!

modage

yeah, i'm quite pumped for this.  i hope it rules.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin
is it me or does the non-HD trailer not work for anyone?

It's cause you need GOD DAMNED Quicktime 7 to view it!!!  This is getting out of hand.. I DON'T HAVE TIGER!!!!  Why must I be left in the dust?