Bad Santa

Started by ShanghaiOrange, April 20, 2003, 10:07:02 PM

ShanghaiOrange

Bad Santa - I'm really looking forward to his. :( I wouldn't worry about John Ritter.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ernie

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeI wouldn't worry about John Ritter.

He's the only thing that sort of hurt my anticipation for this...him and the coens not directing, I still think it'll be cool though, Terry Zwigoff could be cool...I like Ghost World.

I guess I need to see the trailer before I see this one...it'll definitely be a rental if nothing else.

Pwaybloe

Aw, he's not that bad.  He cracked me up in "SlingBlade," and it's cool to hear him and Billy Bob are teaming up again for "Bad Santa."

And who doesn't love "Ghost World."

"Freedom of speech, baby!"

Ghostboy

Quote from: ebeaman69Terry Zwigoff could be cool

'Crumb' is one of the best documentaries ever. 'Ghost World' is pretty hype too. And with a Coen brothers script? No way will this film be bad.

Ravi

Actually, I think it is, "rock and roll, baby, freedom of speech!"  I'm looking forward to this one.

Sick Boy

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: ebeaman69Terry Zwigoff could be cool

'Crumb' is one of the best documentaries ever. 'Ghost World' is pretty hype too. And with a Coen brothers script? No way will this film be bad.

I've had this on my radar for a while too.  The Coen brothers have yet to disappoint me.

godardian

This seems pretty cool to me, too.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

After looking at those caps, my gut tells me this movie's gonna kick solid ASS!!!

As a sidenote, I'm happy to see that Me, Myself and Irene midget again.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ShanghaiOrange

Now that John Ritter's dead, I want to see this even more. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

modage

i am looking forward to this, but its going to flop hard.  its an R rated movie about santa claus.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

The draft I read of the script was absurdly wonderful.  Thornton tips strippers w/ scratch off lottery tickets, has sex w/ fat women in dept. store dressing rooms, vomits everywhere, and other awfulness occurs.  Yeah, probably not going to make much, but I suspect it will have a following.  Some friends saw an early version and rave about it.  Can't wait.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02i am looking forward to this, but its going to flop hard.  its an R rated movie about santa claus.

After seeing Crumb and Ghost World, I can conclude that there's a method to Zwigoff's madness.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GloriaI heard that Bill Murray dropped out of the project and was later replaced with Billy Bob Thornton.

Yes, Bill Murray was originally attached, but dropped out for unspecified reasons.

Skeleton FilmWorks