Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Mr. Sophistication

I figured I make this my first post to get the ball rolling.  :waving:

Films I picked up over the weekend...

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul Criterion Collection
Il Conformista: Extended Edition
The Proposition UK 2 disc DTS

Looking forward to my future posts

P.S. Where and how do you get those pics of dvd covers I couldn't find any that the message board would accept for the three movies I listed.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Mr. Sophistication on January 10, 2007, 12:24:21 AM
P.S. Where and how do you get those pics of dvd covers I couldn't find any that the message board would accept for the three movies I listed.

Either at Amazon or, if you want the smaller covers, Deep Discount.

And welcome to the site.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

The Premiere Frank Capra Collection (Mr. Smith Goes to Washington / It Happened One Night / You Can't Take It with You / Mr. Deeds Goes to Town / American Madness / Frank Capra's American Dream)

i actually got this today at work for free.  somebody asked me if i liked old frank capra movies to which i said "some of them" and he just gave it to me.  i had never heard of this collection before but i looked it up on amazon and apparently these are the best available transfers and not some cheapo collection.  which is pretty great. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on January 11, 2007, 09:36:56 PM
i actually got this today at work for free.  somebody asked me if i liked old frank capra movies to which i said "some of them" and he just gave it to me.  i had never heard of this collection before but i looked it up on amazon and apparently these are the best available transfers and not some cheapo collection.  which is pretty great. 
it's like when you're not even looking for anything and some chick comes up to you and totally wants it and you act half interested and then you get it.

that's what it's like.
under the paving stones.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

samsong

Mikey B

Miami Vice Director's Cut
The Sentinel
Mission Impossible 3 Deluxe Edition
Children of Men-Region 2
Scopp
The Matador
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
I Stole SiliasRuby's DVD Collection

Mikey B

Chicago-The Razzzle Dazzle Edition.
A scanner Darkly
I Stole SiliasRuby's DVD Collection

Xx

Ravi

Xx

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye