What Gives?

Started by thedog, July 28, 2004, 12:17:44 PM

depooter

It may have been the interviewer who made the mistake. Cameron has a pretty extensive film background and appreciation. Check out the written by section of my site for some of his favorite films...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So because Crowe hadn't seen Butch Cassidy until recently makes him less of a director?

There are so many classics out there, you can't be expected to comment on all of them.

I might say someting if he hadn't seen Casablanca or Citizen Kane, but...

Screw it, I don't really like him that much to defend him.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Bethie

I could have posted this a week ago when I first read it, but I'm lazy.

In Conversations With Wilder- Cameron says, "...And Jean Renoir's sensibility, his work with his actors, were a big influence on me. I keep asking you about Rules of the Game because it has a certain charm that reminds me of your work." Wilder says, "Yes, I enjoyed Rules of the Game. Sure.  ......"

SO, it's not like Cameron really thought Truffaut did Rules of the Game. Yeah, either he slipped up (like someone mentioned) or the writer got it wrong.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Bethie"...And Jean Renoir's sensibility, his work with his actors, were a big influence on me. I keep asking you about Rules of the Game because it has a certain charm that reminds me of your work." Wilder says, "Yes, I enjoyed Rules of the Game. Sure.  ......"
The more I think about that quote the more I think it is probable that it was the writer's screw up.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection