the rentals and matt sharp

Started by Rudie Obias, April 21, 2004, 11:23:37 AM

Rudie Obias

i love the rentals....  matt sharp was the real talent of weezer....  seven more minutes is one of my favorite albums of all time....  truely unappreciated as an artist....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

mogwai

where are they now? i've only heard one track, i guess it's called "friends of p" and it's on their debut album. it's that the song that was made into a very weird music video?

godardian

I like the Rentals, too. I had a little crush on Matt Sharp once upon a time (it's completely gone by now, but I still like the albums).

Maya Rudolph (now of SNL fame, then an unknown) sings on one of the songs on Seven More Minutes.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

yes, i like the rentals too.  i have both cds, although no former crush on the singer, but did know (somehow) that maya rudolph was on the second album.  i like the first cd better although the second one has a handful of songs i like.  i havent listened to either in a long time though and would be much happier if he re-joined weezer full-time again and somehow made them good like they used to be.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.