confidence

Started by sphinx, February 28, 2003, 06:14:16 PM

sphinx

no idea what this film is about, but i do have four teaser posters from it that are somewhat reminiscent of ocean's eleven.

what could this movie be about?  why is lions gate releasing it?  where is keys?

Duck Sauce

Those are some cool fucking posters.

Gold Trumpet

CONfidence, cute. almost as cute as U2's beLIEve.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCONfidence, cute. almost as cute as U2's beLIEve.

~rougerum

Don't you mean "The TRUTH About CharLIE?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

it's not like they're spelling it in alternating caps or anything.  can't stand alternating caps.  it's more like CONFIDENCE

picolas

i'd say i agree with almost half of those posters.

sphinx

http://www.confidencethemovie.com/main.htm

the new trailer is up.

oh shit, this looks like a horrible, horrible movie.  dustin hoffman disappoints me.  i actually thought the opening part of the trailer was going to be a joke or something but it was just that bad.

cowboykurtis

i saw confidence at sundance. it was pretty bad.  james foley directed it. i think glengary glenn ross was great and was curious to see another film by him. the success of glengary was definately the writing. this film was pretty awful. its your run of the mill, coookie cutter caper film. nothing new or exciting what so ever.
...your excuses are your own...

sphinx

Quote from: cowboykurtisi saw confidence at sundance. it was pretty bad.  james foley directed it. i think glengary glenn ross was great and was curious to see another film by him. the success of glengary was definately the writing. this film was pretty awful. its your run of the mill, coookie cutter caper film. nothing new or exciting what so ever.

:yabbse-sad:

polkablues

That picture of Edward Burns doesn't really look much like him.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pwaybloe

I just ran across this.  I was really pumped in seeing it this weekend, but it looks like no one else is.  Has anyone else seen this?  I've read good reviews for it recently.

Quick Edit:  It's got a 100% rottentomatoes.com rating so far.

polkablues

Quote from: PawbloeI just ran across this.  I was really pumped in seeing it this weekend, but it looks like no one else is.  Has anyone else seen this?  I've read good reviews for it recently.

Quick Edit:  It's got a 100% rottentomatoes.com rating so far.

I intend to see it eventually.  This weekend, however, is reserved for "Identity".  Multiple times.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCONfidence, cute. almost as cute as U2's beLIEve.

~rougerum

Don't you mean "The TRUTH About CharLIE?"

Is CONFIDENCE worse than UNFAITHFUL?

Gold Trumpet

Yes, because the title eludes directly to the word combination and the cuteness of how it has the word "con" in it, thus revealing everything. Unfaithful seems, as a word in whole, to directly speak to the situation of the movie and doesn't go down the tubes of a gimmicky title.

~rougerum

Duck Sauce

I hate the ad where Dustin Hoffman goes "you just never know when I am going to snap!" and headbutts somebody.... is that supposed to make him look tough?