Incubus

Started by Gamblour., December 11, 2003, 08:00:43 AM

Gamblour.

Any fans here? I heard them a long time ago, I dunno know how I got into them, I think my friend made me a copy of Fungus Amongus. I really loved that cd, got kinda turned off by S.C.I.E.N.C.E (Neon Mercury, I bet you love that alb.um ..title.......). But now, S.C.I.E.N.C.E is my favorite cd, make yourself is probably my least favorite. Morning View was a little too wimpy for me, but there's some good stuff there.

I really can't wait for A Crow Left of the Murder, my friend got the song Pistola off a live bootleg...my god, I'm love with this song. It's so great, and Brandon Boyd can sing his ass off. The new bass player plays kinda like Geddy Lee.
WWPTAD?

Kal

I think they are alright but Im not a big fan... I was wondering what happened with them cause I didnt heard anything about the new album... thanks for the info

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Gamblor du Jourgot kinda turned off by S.C.I.E.N.C.E (Neon Mercury, I bet you love that alb.um ..title.......)

.....yes. i. d.o     .

and as for inncubus..i like their sh*t.....personal fav. song is Antigravity.....

some funky sh*t.....

Sleuth

I don't really like them that much.  Stellar is good, but I sort of have a thing for almost any song that has to do with space

Somebody needs to turn Brandon Boyd's mic a little down, seriously, he drowns out everything else, it's annoying
I like to hug dogs

Gamblour.

Quote from: Slobh
Somebody needs to turn Brandon Boyd's mic a little down, seriously, he drowns out everything else, it's annoying

I can see your point here, but at least he can sing really well, if you're talking about the singles they've put out, I don't really pay attention to those, in fact I think it's funny that all their singles are the songs I dislike the most from them. He might be turned up a little too much, but the band gets their time to jam out, so it's all homeostatic.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

I used to be a huge Incubus fan, bit I guess I kind of grew apart from them. But I heard their new single from their new album last night and it wasn't bad, but wasn't good either.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatwad

the new video for "megalomaniac" is awesome. I think the guy who directed it did some videos for Sigur Ros. His name escapes me at the moment.

they're ok, i like "acqueous transmition"  a lot.
context, context, context.

Stefen

Has anyone heard the new album? I just picked it up. I'ts different and I can't decide if I like it or not, it will definetely take some time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: StefenHas anyone heard the new album? I just picked it up. I'ts different and I can't decide if I like it or not, it will definetely take some time.
I listened to it on MTV's The Leak and I wasn't too heavily impressed with it. Of course, I have a 56ghey and the quality was shit, so that could've altered my opinion a little. There were some good songs, but nothing that made me want to buy it right this minute.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.