King Of The Hill

Started by modage, August 13, 2005, 11:44:50 PM

modage

has anyone seen this?  i think it may only be available on VHS.  soderberghs 3rd movie after Sex Lies and Kafka (which i still havent seen).  it was well done although not terribly soderbergh-ian (except for the score and a few places), so it was something pretty different for him.  Jesse Bradford is good in the lead, also surprising to see Adrien Brody (who actually looks exactly the same today as he did then) and Spalding Gray and Karen Allen in supporting parts as well.  i had read about it in Down and Dirty Pictures and Rebels On The Backlot being a huge failure for him, but it was actually good.  for some reason i always thought it was about baseball...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modagehas anyone seen this?

It's Soderbergh's most underrated film. It's a beautiful coming-of-age story.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

I only just realised this came out on DVD in the UK earlier this year. So for those of you who import, or fellow Brits...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/King-Hill-Jesse-Bradford/dp/B000NJXBUY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/203-1734221-8955924?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1191784526&sr=8-8

Looking forward to seeing it myself.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas