Paul Thomas Anderson - Masterworks by Adam Nayman

Started by kingfan011, October 20, 2020, 12:53:16 PM

nomorecoffee

Yeah that's kind of Nayman's style..... if you see his interview he talks like that in real time. Sometimes it can be obnoxious......

PinkTeeth

I liked the his Coen Book, didn't buy it, but listened to it on audible at work over a couple days last year.
Looking forward to this one, will probably just listen to it again.
And according to that Junk Filter podcast, it sounds like a Fincher one is on the way.
New Name, Same Typos.

kingfan011

Alethia

"Paul Thomas Anderson thrives in toxic Hollywood"  :roll:

kingfan011

Drenk

I don't understand the point of the article nor the relation between title and content. But writers don't write titles for their articles.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Quote from: wilberfan on November 03, 2020, 01:05:47 PM
Just read the Safdie Boys introduction.  Goosebumps.  Needless to say, I completely share their reaction to Boogie Nights.   I didn't share their passion for early Sandler, but certainly do their regard for P-DL.   Hope the rest of the book is as exciting and rewarding.

Sadly, it isn't yet.   I'm up to the P-DL chapter and my previous comment about the 'chewy' language still applies.  I've appreciated some of his insights but found the typos (and an error regarding L.A. streets) somewhat annoying.  I photos don't wow me--as the faithful have seen them before.  I'm grateful there are interviews to wrap things up--I'm really looking forward to those.

I just find myself wishing it was all more....fun?....to read.

Alethia

Quote from: wilberfan on November 03, 2020, 01:05:47 PM...my previous comment about the 'chewy' language still applies.

Shyriiwook takes some getting used to, for sure.

wilberfan

Jesus, I JUST got what you did there.  So honored to have already won the "Thick of the Week" Award.