PTA and LVT

Started by diana, June 03, 2005, 07:58:27 AM

diana

Hi, can anyone tell me where I could find the interview where PTA and Lars Von Trier are together? I went to the coffee and cigarettes site, but found it down. Greg Mariotti redirected me here.
Thanks and take care you all,
Diana
Rome, Italy

diana

thanks a lot, I just copied it.

Magnolia is one of my favourite movies ever, and I tranlsated Boogie Nights for Italian dubbing. I loved it almost as muck. Yet, I have the Punch-Drunk Love VHS on a bookshelf and still could not get myself to see it. Don't know why.

Best,
Diana
Rome, Italy

Just Withnail

Are you kidding?

1) About translating BN?
2) About not having seen PDL? (Do it immediately!)

Stay a while :) This'll probably the place to hang around once his next one really gets going.

diana

yes and yes, the answers.
Thanks, I'll be visiting here, and still have to read some of the threads.
Do you know where i could find informations or aricles on  PTA's family and childhood? Is there a book published, or something?
thanks
D

MacGuffin

Quote from: dianaI tranlsated Boogie Nights for Italian dubbing.

:shock:  How do you say, "I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass and lollipops in my mouth" in Italian?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diana

you wrote:

How do you say, "I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass and lollipops in my mouth" in Italian?

You are undoubtedly funny and provocative and cool, for a teenager.
Wonder what's your McGuffin.

By the way, the answer to your question is:
Vaffanculo.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: dianaYou are undoubtedly funny and provocative and cool, for a teenager.
Ha ha ha.

QuoteBy the way, the answer to your question is:
Vaffanculo.
You mean, Italians have a word for that?!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ultrahip

Diana, your verbiage reminds of Jonathan Safran Foer.

modage

Diana,
watch PDL.  i guarantee you will like it almost as muck as Boogie or Magnolia.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diana

McGuffin wrote:

You mean, Italians have a word for that?!

Answer:
yes, Italian can be a pretty synthetic language.

diana

you wrote:

"i guarantee you will like it almost as muck as Boogie or Magnolia."

sorry, I meant to write "shmuck"

Stefen

D, what are you doing later?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diana

lazanya is spelled lasagna, if you don't mind

Stefen

Quote from: dianalazanya is spelled lasagna, if you don't mind

Not in the good ole us of a!! Love it or leave it!!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.