Donovan

Started by The Red Vine, September 02, 2005, 03:53:40 PM

The Red Vine

I love "Catch the Wind" particularly. "Colours" and "Season of the Witch" are really good too.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm partial to "Please Don't Bend" on Sutras.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

Donovan's interview on Fresh Air completely turned me against him.

"Isle of Islay" is really good though.

Weird. Oh

I'm partial to Superman Sunshine myself. Additionally, I'm grateful to him for teaching john lennon and paul mccartney how to travis pick.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDonovan's interview on Fresh Air completely turned me against him.

I'm not familiar with this... what happened?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

i snuck into a donovan show this summer. it was funny. he was trying to move like axl rose.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

polkablues

My favorite Donovan moment is in the Bob Dylan documentary "Don't Look Back", when Dylan and Donovan are introduced to each other and Donovan plays "To Sing For You" while Bob looks at him like something that he just stepped in.  Poor little Donovan, he so wanted to be liked.

Still, I get chills at the end of "The Limey", when Terence Stamp sings "Colours" in the old film clip.
My house, my rules, my coffee