tracy chapman

Started by hedwig, August 11, 2005, 07:07:17 PM

hedwig

not a mention of  tracy chapman, folk/rock singer/songwriter ? say it ain't so, my brothas & sistas. anyway i like her music a lot, i think its beautiful and thoughtful and sad. and folksy. and rockish. and she's got that unique voice. "let it rain" was good, and of course the self-titled debut is regarded as her best. september brings "Where You Live," her newest. click here to hear the single "changes" from that upcoming album.  silky. i likes.

i remember reading PTA sayin he listened to lots of joan armatrading during the writing/production of PDL....her singing style kinda reminds me of chapman's.

polkablues

I love and still listen to her self-titled album.  "Fast Car" is one of the best songs ever written, "Talking About A Revolution" is amazing... but I got bored with her stuff after that.  Not enough change, or too much change in the wrong directions, I don't know.  That first album's a revelation, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues... but I got bored with her stuff after that.  Not enough change, or too much change in the wrong directions, I don't know.
:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:
Quote from: Hedwigclick here to hear the single "changes" from that upcoming album.
under the paving stones.