The Velvet Underground

Started by TenseAndSober, January 29, 2003, 10:58:47 PM

TenseAndSober

C'mon... The Velvet Underground are/were amazing.

bonanzataz

LOOOOOVE Velvet Underground. Loaded is one of the best albums EVER.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Satcho9

Fucking Rawsome. Lou Reed's Bong Water.

BonBon85

SHAFTR

I love VU, especially Velvet Underground & Nico and Loaded.  I never could get into White Light/White Heat.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

nevereven

They are indeed excellent.

It`s been said that whilst the Velvet Underground were really obscure, everytime some-one heard them they started a band, and became big, making them one of the most influential acts ever.
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.

ShanghaiOrange

"Sister Ray" is my favorite song ever. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

CollinBullock

The first time I listened to Heroin, I cried.  So beautiful...
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Cecil

(ill use this thread cause i dont like starting my own and then only getting a few replies and it dies.... so i thought id ressurect someone elses instead)

who here is a fan of lou reed's "metal machine music?"

Ernie

Love em to death....especially their semi-punk songs.

Sigur Rós

I'm not that mad about them! I'm more into Lou Reed's solo-stuff! Transformer :yabbse-thumbup: But maybe that's because I'm the worlds biggest Bowie fan!  :?

Ghostboy

My favorite is actually the double live album, Live MCMXCIII. It has all my favorite songs in one lovely set, and they sound fucking great. But other than that, Loaded would be my favorite. Such a collection of amazing tunes is...well, it's amazing.

nevereven

Quote from: cecil b. demented
who here is a fan of lou reed's "metal machine music?"

I bought that album not because i expected to like it, but because it`s one of those albums you have to own. But it`s not as bad as i expected, if im in the right mood i sometimes stick it on, but i cant listen to it all the way through.
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.

Kev Hoffman

I think VU were great.  Especially 'Loaded', which included one of my favorite songs of all time, "Sweet Jane'.  VU & Nico is great as well, and as a tribue I have a print of that same Warhol hanging in my kitchen.

Moniker Jones

my favorite all-time band
you're never too young to be the moral center of any particular universe