Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

polkablues

Karl Malden is dead at 97.  Clearly the most shocking death of them all.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

To be honest, I thought he was already dead.  :oops:

In other news:

Actor Harve Presnell dies
'Fargo,' 'Paint Your Wagon' among credits
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Harve Presnell, whose booming baritone graced such Broadway musicals as "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" and "Annie," has died. He was 75.

Presnell's agent Gregg Klein said the actor died Tuesday of pancreatic cancer at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

Presnell also appeared in the film versions of "Molly Brown" and "Paint Your Wagon" as well as "Fargo."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

New Feeling

Saw Baby Doll recently and Malden rocked it.  Harve was legendary in Fargo.  They will both be missed. 

cine

the best picture category won't drag on the 2010 oscars, it'll be that fuckin' death list. good lord.

jtm

Quote from: polkablues on July 01, 2009, 06:31:14 PM

yeah, he was just too young to die. dead at 97. i can not believe it... i was sure he had another 30 years in him.
:(

Gold Trumpet

Apologies to Karl Malden for no love, but after this week, I think we're all dead tired.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on July 02, 2009, 02:54:48 AM
Apologies to Karl Malden for no love, but after this week, I think we're all dead tired.
Hey oh!!!!!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

i guess the death lists are going to get bigger and bigger as the baby boom starts dying.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pozer

Quote from: jtm on July 02, 2009, 01:04:24 AM
Quote from: polkablues on July 01, 2009, 06:31:14 PM

yeah, he was just too young to die. dead at 97. i can not believe it... i was sure he had another 30 years in him.
:(

are you explaining polka's joke?

peace to both. i'll double feature Waterfront & Fargo this wknd.

jtm

yeah yeah, i got polkas funny joke.

Gold Trumpet

This one is very sad and very shocking to me. The details will come out, but McNair was considered one of the genuinely decent guys in the NFL. Like I said, details will come out, but very sad to me.

Former NFL quarterback McNair killed in Tennessee
By KRISTIN M. HALL, Associated Press Writer
29 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes), who led the famous Tennessee Titans' drive that came a yard short of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl, was found dead Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the head. Police said a pistol was discovered near the body of a woman also shot dead in a downtown condominium.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a "friend" of McNair's. She had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Police said the 36-year-old McNair was found on the sofa in the living room, and Kazemi was very close to him on the floor. Aaron said the gun was not "readily apparent" when police first arrived.

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron said McNair's wife, Mechelle, is "very distraught."

"At this juncture, we do not believe she is involved," he said. "Nothing has been ruled out, but as far as actively looking for a suspect tonight, the answer would be no."

Fred McNair, Steve McNair's oldest brother, said some family members likely will travel to Nashville on Monday to consult with Steve McNair's wife.

"It's still kind of hard to believe," Fred McNair said. "He was the greatest person in the world. He gave back to the community. He loved kids and he wanted to be a role model to kids."

He said he did not know who Kazemi was.

The bodies were discovered Saturday afternoon by McNair's longtime friend, Wayne Neeley, who said he rents the condo with McNair.

Aaron said Neeley told authorities he went into the condo, saw McNair on the sofa and Kazemi on the floor but walked first into the kitchen before going back into the living room, where he saw the blood.

Neeley then called a friend, who alerted authorities.

Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill neighborhood between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi's vehicle was already there. The condominium is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans' stadium.

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn't break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying "she was not drunk, she was high."

In June, McNair opened a restaurant near the Tennessee State University campus. It was closed Saturday evening, but had become a small memorial, where flowers, candles and notes had been placed outside the door.

On the restaurant's windows were messages: "We will miss you Steve" and "We love you Steve."

A note attached to a small blue teddy bear read, "We will never forget you, Steve. Once a Titan, always a Titan."

"We don't know the details, but it is a terrible tragedy and our hearts go out to the families involved," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

72teeth

Quote from: Pozer on June 25, 2009, 05:13:27 PM

Michael Jackson Dies \

http://www.tmz.com/

my dad was a firefighter at neverland for fivre years, nevewr saw anything wrong... i miss him. i never saw hiim as a human, always just MJ. black nor white, man nor woman, just michael jackson. god blesss him, i cried... long live th last greatest!!!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza