I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

The Perineum Falcon

Finally able to really take advantage of the B&N sale:

Unfortunately had to order on the site, tho. By strange reasoning, the local location has decided to only discount "selected titles" from among their piss poor blu-ray selection.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

Did you use the 15% off coupon?

T9P8A9P
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ono

Don't fret -- I tried applying it to a theoretical 6-DVD order of ~$120 and it only took $3 off.  Odd.  Maybe you have to do it separately?  Then you won't get free shipping.

Ravi

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

samsong

second/last haul.  i have no more money.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

Ravi

Boy do I hate the new cover for Naked.

Two Indian films:

The first movie has an epilepsy warning on the back cover. I've seen the movie, and it needs it.

Robyn

A film about love, poo and cancer. I bought it because someone in a Swedish review wrote that it was the best movie ever made. Sure, Ruther Hauer was fantastic and there was alot of tits in it, but best movie ever made? No fucking way. I was really disappointed.

Good, but not as great as Dogville. Missed Nicole Kidman alot.

Pubrick

Ha you're such a perv.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: KJ on August 05, 2011, 07:41:36 AMGood, but not as great as Dogville. Missed Nicole Kidman alot.

I still think Manderlay is vastly underrated.

And I feel like people (including myself) feel like Dogville is better only because it came first. Manderlay packs a bigger moral punch than Dogville and takes itself more seriously. Also, I like Bryce Dallas Howard for this role much more than Kidman. BDH should have been in Dogville, too.

Reel

good snags, when does TOL come out?

mogwai