I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Pas

I bought a little program and borrowed my friend's barcode scanner in order to make an inventory of my dvds.

It turns out I own 153 DVDs that I've never watched out of 513 total.  :shock: That's 30%... or more DVDs than anyone should own.

The problem is that whenever I feel down I buy shitloads of DVDs.

tpfkabi

I have a sack load of $3 DVD's I bought from Big Lots a year or two ago that I haven't watched. Then multiple sacks of Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video rental videos I bought when they shut down I haven't gotten around to. Then loads of VHS where I taped movies off of TCM, etc, that I haven't watched either. ha.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

Criterion 50% off barnes and noble sale:
The Ice Storm
Vivre Sa Vie-Blu-ray
Antichrist
House
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ravi

$4 each at Blockbuster (Strangers with Candy was $5.99)

Barnes and Nobles Criterion sale

john

America Lost and Found - Blu

Arrived earlier today. Beautiful collection. Going to watch King of Marvin Gardens for the first time tonight.

Haven't dug to far into the special features yet, save for a few of the extras on Five Easy Pieces and most of the trailers. skimmed the accompanying booklet, as well.

Easily the most satisfying and exciting Criterion release I've seen in a while.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

mogwai

SiliasRuby

I really really want these as well. Just to find out what the performances are like...

My Collection

mogwai

I almost bought Wicker Man (dir cut) but it's godawful. The other ones including Cage in a wig has to be a must see.

But he wears a wig in every movie nowadays, doesn't he?

modage

I still haven't seen Deadfall. I'm dying to because it seems like the holy Grail of unhinged Cage next to Vampires Kiss. Perhaps 2011.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on November 25, 2010, 01:24:25 PM
I still haven't seen Deadfall. I'm dying to because it seems like the holy Grail of unhinged Cage next to Vampires Kiss. Perhaps 2011.

Oh my god, watch Zandalee.
My house, my rules, my coffee

samsong

b&n criterion sale:

then i went a little crazy with the amazon black friday sale:

(don't ask...)

then went to best buy and target:

mogwai

When can we come to your mansion for a wee viewing party of your purchases, Samsong? :yabbse-wink:

Stefen

I've always wondered what kind of person samsong is while showing people movies. If he's the type who just shuts up and lets people watch the film or if he's the type who says, "oh, oh, watch this!" "this part coming up is so good!" "stop texting!" "Oh, you were texting. I think you missed a good part. Let me rewind." "Phone call? Let me pause it. Hurry up."
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I haven't bought a DVD in a while, but this is so worth it.  I haven't seen Fantasia 2000 yet, but Fantasia is worth the price.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Stefen on November 27, 2010, 01:36:14 PM
I've always wondered what kind of person samsong is while showing people movies. If he's the type who just shuts up and lets people watch the film or if he's the type who says, "oh, oh, watch this!" "this part coming up is so good!" "stop texting!" "Oh, you were texting. I think you missed a good part. Let me rewind." "Phone call? Let me pause it. Hurry up."
The latter one is exactly how I act.

My Collection