Sky High

Started by Ravi, June 16, 2005, 01:05:47 PM

Ravi

Synopsis: When you're the son of the world's most legendary superheroes The Commander (Kurt Russell) and Jetstream (Kelly Preston), there is only one school for you - Sky High, an elite high school that is entrusted with the responsibility of molding today's power-gifted students into tomorrow's superheroes. The problem is that Will Stronghold (Michael Angarano) isn't starting with any superpowers, so he finds himself relegated to the role of "Sidekick." Surviving his freshman year becomes a difficult challenge, but when an evil villain threatens his family, friends and the very sanctity of Sky High, Will must use his newfound superpowers to save the day.

Starring:      Michael Angarano, Kurt Russell, Kelly Preston, Lynda Carter, Danielle Panabaker
Directed by:    Mike Mitchell
Produced by:    Andrew Gunn

Genres: Action/Adventure and Kids/Family
Running Time:
Release Date:  July 29th, 2005 (wide).
MPAA Rating:   Not Rated
Distributor:   Walt Disney Pictures

Myxo

I think it's time for GDIDM to change his avatar. Trailer here.

Ravi

Its weird.  Whenever I see a trailer for a Kurt Russell film, I think, "Hey, there's GDIDM!"

SiliasRuby

Great Pic Ravi.....The upcoming film: boring....bleh.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ravi

The idea is interesting.  Puberty, but with super powers.  The trailer has "bland" written all over it, but it could be good.

Brazoliange

looks entertaining enough to me
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

that says a lot about you.
under the paving stones.

Ultrahip

um...doesn't this remind anyone of...harry potter...or the incredibles...or those fucking willy wonka posters...or even sharkboy and lava girl! my choice for most unoriginal film so far this year

modage

if only this had come out in the 80's!  i would've LOVED this when i was little.  Kurt Russell + Bruce Campbell = neat.    too bad neither is playing a badass here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

i groaned, until i saw kevin mcdonald and bruce mccullough. when was the last time they were in a movie together? (or any movie, for that matter)
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

grand theft sparrow

That was Dave Foley, not Bruce McCullough.

diggler

oh shit. i'm a fuckin moron
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty