V For Vendetta

Started by Ghostboy, March 04, 2005, 11:57:22 PM

GoneSavage

It's not as scary as your avatar.

MacGuffin

D for Delayed
V for Vendetta pushed to '06.

Sci Fi Wire broke the news yesterday that Warner Bros. has delayed the release of V for Vendetta. The adaptation of the Alan Moore/David Lloyd graphic novel had been slated for a November 5th release to coincide with Guy Fawkes' day (a key date in the story) but it has now been rescheduled for a March 17, 2006 debut.

An anonymous Warner Bros. spokesperson advised Sci Fi Wire, "We have moved the release date of V For Vendetta to March 17, 2006, to accommodate the movie's post-production schedule."

It might be assumed that the film, which deals with terrorist attacks in London, might have been delayed in part due to the recent bombings there. Considering leading man James Purefoy was replaced by Hugo Weaving well into filming, however, perhaps the production is simply behind schedule.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

march = it sucks.  sorry WB, if there was really that much post (but it was really really good) you would hold out further till May or August.  so don't give me that buncha bull.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

I'm with Picolas. The second poster is more pronounced and the image being tilted makes it discomforting.

That being said, I have no interest to see this movie.

picolas

i was agreeing with polka that the second isn't as good and i liked the last four posts. but now that you point out the idea behind the tilt i don't know anymore.

matt35mm

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on November 17, 2005, 01:04:20 AM
the image being tilted makes it discomforting.

yep, waay tilted.

my feeling is that terrorism and the wachowskis butchered this great story already.
context, context, context.

Ghostboy

Quote from: cronopio on November 17, 2005, 08:44:37 AM

my feeling is that terrorism and the wachowskis butchered this great story already.

They didn't. From my blog:

All the doubts I had about <I>V For Vendetta were unfounded. It's an outstanding achievement. People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Government, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People - that ideal courses through every frame of the film. I cannot believe a movie with these ideals and ideas is being put out by a studio. It's a piece of dynamite, and hopefully it'll be handled correctly when it opens in March. That Warners is premiering it at Berlin in the spring seems somewhat indicative of their plans for it; it certainly deserves a prestige rollout.

that's such a relief to hear, Ghostboy.
context, context, context.