National Treasure

Started by modage, June 27, 2004, 03:32:06 PM

MacGuffin

Dis digs in for 'Treasure 2'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films have begun laying out a map for "National Treasure 2."

The studio has hired Gregory Poirier to write the movie, which will be directed by returning helmer Jon Turteltaub.

Details of the story are being kept under wraps.

"National Treasure," which stars Nicolas Cage, was released in November. To the surprise of many observers, it overcame lukewarm reviews and became a huge hit, grossing more than $173 million domestically. Since then, Disney had played down the idea of a sequel, saying it would not do one unless a good story could be told.

The first movie had a small army working on it. The film has "story by" credits for Jim Kouf, Charles Segars and Buena Vista Pictures marketing head Oren Aviv and "screenplay by" credits for Kouf, Cormac Wibberley and Marianne Wibberley.

It is unclear whether any cast from the first film will return.

Jason Reed is overseeing for Disney.

Char Oman, Mike Stenson, Aviv and Segars are exec producing.

Poirier wrote Disney's "Swiss Family Robinson," which attracted Jonathan Mostow to sign on as director. Poirier also has done uncredited production work on the studio's "Antarctica" and "Shaggy Dog."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I think the Marketing people at Disney are a bunch of moneys on roller blades smoking cigarettes and picking each other with sticks

Sleuth

Quote from: andykalI think the Marketing people at Disney are a bunch of moneys on roller blades smoking cigarettes and picking each other with sticks

What is wrong with your brain, AndyK?
I like to hug dogs

Kal

jtm

hmmm, i just watched this movie on DVD and came here to see what other people thought, and there's not one review to be read.

anyways, here's mine....

this movie sucked.

Bethie

Yeah, it should have stayed buried.

hardy har
who likes movies anyway

cine

there goes my best joke.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

deathnotronic

This movie was terrible.
The techie guy that was in this movie for comedic relief made me grimace every time he said something. He's a pretty awkward actor.