stupid fun comedies

Started by bonanzataz, July 15, 2003, 08:19:57 AM

wilder

I've never seen Major League. I have to see Major League. This looks incredible

polkablues

You really should see Major League. It's almost too legitimately good to belong in this thread.
My house, my rules, my coffee

classical gas

Oh, yeah.  I've seen that about half a dozen times.  The last time was probably fifteen years ago, but I remember it had some good moments.

wilder

Quote from: polkablues on April 30, 2014, 04:06:57 PM
You really should see Major League. It's almost too legitimately good to belong in this thread.

Finally watched it - you're dead right. Forget Apocalypse Now, forget Citizen Kane, forget Eyes Wide Shut or 2001 -- it's all about Major League. I have seen the second coming of christ and I-am-here-to-tell-you it stars Charlie Sheen and was directed by David S. Ward. This is not a joke.

Maybe more fitting for this thread, less suitable for the AFI Top 100, is Dirty Work (1998). I haven't seen it forever but the trailer cracks me up. Someone confirm.

Reel

Confirmed. So rewatchable, too many memorable lines to count. Personal fave: "Note to self: I don't want to 'live'"

fun, and yes, very stupid. Includes Chris Farley's last performance, BY THE WAY. "TIME TO PAY THE FIDDLER, WWHHOOOOORRRREEE!!!!"  Ahhhhhh, good stuff

samsong

I skimmed the thread... do my eyes deceive me or has no one mentioned super troopers yet?  that's an egregious oversight.  I'm also a beerfest apologist.

few movies have made me go into conniptions than the jackass movies.  jackass 3d is the best use of 3d I've seen to date.

N

Super Troopers is fucking hilarious. One of my favourites.