PTA PDL Q&A

Started by Tictacbk, June 18, 2003, 05:52:04 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

I think asking him what his next project is would be a bad idea.  The frog question is good, although I think he's explained that enough in other interviews....

I'd like to know if he's ever going to use Fiona in any of his films...or her music...

I would also ask if those rumors about PDL's scrapped sci-fi alien thread were true....but that could be dangerous too.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

The Silver Bullet

Ask him how tall he is. I am dying to know.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Tictacbk

i wanna know why there isn't directors commentary on the PDL dvd...but i donno if i'll ask him that.  

MacGuffin

Quote from: Tictacbki wanna know why there isn't directors commentary on the PDL dvd...but i donno if i'll ask him that.  

If there was a commentary track, it would defeat the purpose of it being Superbit because it would take up disc space, losing the best picture and sound quality possible.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Tictacbki wanna know why there isn't directors commentary on the PDL dvd...but i donno if i'll ask him that.  
If there was a commentary track, it would defeat the purpose of it being Superbit because it would take up disc space, losing the best picture and sound quality possible.
u did quote that EXTRA big, i totally agree with u and echo what ur saying, it would be..

what more could he say, from the TWO boogie and Hard Eight commentaries.

also, i appreciate the new quality. ekzellent, indeed.
under the paving stones.

sphinx

Quote from: punchdrunk23I think asking him what his next project is would be a bad idea.  The frog question is good, although I think he's explained that enough in other interviews....

I'd like to know if he's ever going to use Fiona in any of his films...or her music...

I would also ask if those rumors about PDL's scrapped sci-fi alien thread were true....but that could be dangerous too.

that's actually a decent question to ask 'what are you up to now' or something, but don't phrase it in such a way that he could give you an ambigious answer

Tictacbk

Ah right superbit...i guess it is nice giving the movie its own cd to itself...i still love commentary.  Boogie Nights definetly has some of the best commentary out there.

neatahwanta

Quote from: sexterossaask him how hot and heavy he and fiona are going.

well, heavy anyway...

Pozer

dont ask him anything. just shake his hand and say 'thanks.' that's what I did. He smiled and said 'you're welcome.'
and that was that.

Derek

Ask him if he's soured a bit on Magnolia...cos it seems he has. No, wait, don't. Ask him his thoughts on the Psycho remake. That's a good one.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

bonanzataz

bullshit. they could have scrapped the stereo track and added the commentary. also, there are superbits out there that are much longer than 90 mins (adaptation, fifth element, panic room, etc...) meaning they have smaller bitrates. pta didn't want a commentary track, it was completely his decision. don't make excuses when there needn't be.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Dendy

QuoteCan you ask him why he made the choice to shoot Barry in his apartment that certain way... not the camera bump, but the shot where Barry sits down, and the camera re-frames to put him on extreme frame right. Like a security camera movement, almost. I think he does it twice, and I always wondered why, what was his reasoning behind it...?

I've always thought that it was to show the empty table and empty chair on the other side of the table, to show how lonely he is in this desperately lonely and vulnerable moment of his life.

But still ask him, because that may not be accurate.
"The Dude Abides"

Pozer

Quote from: bonanzataz

bullshit. they could have scrapped the stereo track and added the commentary. also, there are superbits out there that are much longer than 90 mins (adaptation, fifth element, panic room, etc...) meaning they have smaller bitrates. pta didn't want a commentary track, it was completely his decision. don't make excuses when there needn't be.

Hey shut up
*that came off kind of sour. didnt mean to sound like a sour puss

Xixax

The reason he didn't do a commentary is because if he had, then there wouldn't be anything for internet losers like us to bitch about.

He left it out because he loves us.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

Quote from: poserdont ask him anything. just shake his hand and say 'thanks.' that's what I did. He smiled and said 'you're welcome.'
and that was that.

yeah, your a pussy